• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Villains.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Villains in media are often what define the franchises they come from. There's the good ones and the bad ones. One of the main qualifications for a good villain is motivation. What does the character seek? If the motivation is "because they're evil", then, well, that's a pretty lame antagonist.

What are some of your favorite villains in film, television, literature and videogames?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Vegeta from DBZ, The Ten commandments from 7DS, Ghirahim are my favourite villains.
While would it be interesting to have a good reason as of why a character has turned evil, shows like Naruto over did it and became so cliche. The anime tries to force sad emotions into their villains' to the point it becomes nauseating to watch the flash back of the villains

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
why is he your favorite? From what I can tell he's complete comic relief, almost to the point of being pathetic

sorry for the question
You're good. That's basically the reason. I kinda posted that before I was done tbh.
Team Rocket from the Pokemon anime is another favorite, for much the same reason. I just like them as characters.
If we must talk who we like as villains, I'll say Galbatorix from the Inheritance series for one. I can't elaborate without spoilers. I also think that Palpatine brought balance to the Force.
Before Order 66: 100's of Jedi, 2 Sith.
After Order 66: 2 Jedi, 2 Sith.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
You're good. That's basically the reason. I kinda posted that before I was done tbh.
Team Rocket from the Pokemon anime is another favorite, for much the same reason. I just like them as characters.
If we must talk who we like as villains, I'll say Galbatorix from the Inheritance series for one. I can't elaborate without spoilers. I also think that Palpatine brought balance to the Force.
Before Order 66: 100's of Jedi, 2 Sith.
After Order 66: 2 Jedi, 2 Sith.
no, Anakin did that
he is the Chosen One

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Dude it's a fictional universe. For the sake of the Star Wars universe, Darth Vader brought balance.
Of course he did, he destroyed the Sith by being a good guy and tossing Palpatine into the Death Star reactor. Now that's balance. I'm operating well within the confines of fiction but it should be noted that George Lucas took a lot of inspiration from real life politics.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Of course he did, he destroyed the Sith by being a good guy and tossing Palpatine into the Death Star reactor. Now that's balance. I'm operating well within the confines of fiction but it should be noted that George Lucas took a lot of inspiration from real life politics.
and as soon as luke tried to raise an academy palpatine came back
the expanded universe is pretty adamant on the point that the light and dark sides of the force need to coexist

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom