• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Villain?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Chances are we'll get a new villain. SS seems like it'll be really early in the timeline, and since I've always considered OoT's Ganondorf to be his first incarnation I really don't think he's going to be the main villain of SS, at least I hope not. I've stated many times in other threads how much I feel it's time he retired as a main villain just because he's been used and overused way too many times for my tastes. There's also the fact that SS looks like it's gonna be really innovative, so I expect innovation in the story as well, meaning no recycled Ganondorf.

Majora was unique to Termina and MM, so that's sort of a plot central villain that would not work in any other game. Vaati, well I don't know too much about him so I can't say anything about the chance of him being used. Zant, again, plot central villain that won't work outside that one game/direct timeline. Same can be said for many of the other one time main villains used before, so I doubt any of them will be reused.

Dark Link, however, may work as the final villain of SS. We've seen him as the main boss a few times and he's also been a mini boss in OoT (and my favorite battle in that game to be honest), so I suppose I should oppose him for reasons of being unoriginal in recycling characters, but the thing is Dark Link really works as a villain because there's a lot that can be done with him. I feel he still has potential as an innovative boss because of his uncertain and changeable backstory, unlike Ganondorf who I feel is pretty washed up.

So yeah, I hope we either get a new villain or Dark Link, and I really hope they stick with just one main villain rather than set up a second at the expense of the first like they did in TP (Zant was just ruined for me because of that).

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Some interesting theories.
Rofang, Don't ever suggest the ooccca. ever.

Everyone knows that the Octorocks will take over the world by game's end.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think either Ganondorf, the Skyward Sword (EPIC BATTLE ENSUES BETWEEN LINK AND SWORD GIRL!!), Dark Link (FINAL TEST ZOMG!), or some entirely new villain. I'm hoping either DL or the SS is final boss. I'd love to see the Master Sword have "another conscious", meaning the SS went bad or something. Then again, Dark Link would be epic as an actual boss in a 3D game.

it seems likely that we will get a new villain. it is possible that we will see Ganondorf again , though, even though most of us think that it is unlikely. maybe vaati might make an appearance, he seems almost the right fit for SS

hahahahahah Tingle. That's an awesome main villain, we could have our revenge!:lol: But I seriously doubt that.

Ganondorf- He was introduced in OoT, and SS is supposed to be before that, unless if we battle him as the sorcerer he was until he got the ToP.:suspicious:

Majora/Zant- Both were specifically for MM/TP. Besides, they were both killed, and sadly, no matter how much we like them, they wont return, unless Nintendo explains their origins.

Vaati- Might return, if SS is between OoT and MC in the timeline, but I dont think he will.

Dark Link- He is probably the main villain, if they dont use a new one. The timeline or his backstory doesnt matter at all, because Nintendo can do whatever they feel like with him, whether he isnt important (OoT) or he is (FSA). He doesnt have a backstory besides being links opposite from the Dark World.

S

ScottyMcGee

What if the villain isn't so much a person, but a thing? A monster without intelligence. Ok, so maybe that would be something like Majora, but Majora was somewhat of a sentient being. I'm talking like a ravaging dragon or something, something like Sin from FFX. That would be a refreshing change for a "villain."

I'd like to note that although Majora was strictly a Termina-centered character, his origin was not from Termina itself. His origin is mainly unknown (sans the manga).

A

AKRedden

If it is Dark Link, think about how hard that is going to be if he does like he did in OoT and copied every sword swing. We won't have the Din's Fire or Megaton Hammer to fall back on and we will have to actually use the sword in reality.
This being said I think there are more of a chance of a new villain, but that's my opinion. :)

Okay as I look amoung the posts! I see a few people with a lack of knowledge :nerd:
1.) Ganondorf is the main antagonist of the series! He has a big role..... also if I am not mistaken he is the first villian
in the legend of Zelda series. (So the whole only making an appearance in OoT is messed up XD) He takes a form in other games
as a blue pig.
2.) The Master sword was forged to stop Mr. Dragmire! from taking over Hyrule!
What I am trying to say is when Ganon touched the triforce, he made a wish that everything would be covered in darkness, also that he would rule.
the Eight wise men or sages >.> created the master sword in order to stop him and seal him away! In the golden land.... or realm.. :S So he was sealed away, and then the master sword was placed somewhere, so if ever Mr. Dragmire tried to free from the realm, Golden land, twilight realm, and whatever else etc. They could stop him with the sword of evils bane XD

Anyway... I could actually go on!!!!
but I won't.....
I hope Ganon is in Skyward sword! :wave:

DCMN

Hero of Internet
I like Ganondorf, but I dunno how he'd fit into this timeline wise? Malladus was cool, but he turned up between PH/ST didn't he? Mhmm, I wouldn't mind a new villain. A proper jerk please.

D

dsp2000

If it isn't Ganondorf, then I think it'll be someone totally new. I don't know if I want a "dark wizard" type of someone more "military style" in terms of the bad guy. Or, I guess the bad guy could be a monster and not a human.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Okay as I look amoung the posts! I see a few people with a lack of knowledge :nerd:
1.) Ganondorf is the main antagonist of the series! He has a big role..... also if I am not mistaken he is the first villian
in the legend of Zelda series. (So the whole only making an appearance in OoT is messed up XD) He takes a form in other games
as a blue pig.
2.) The Master sword was forged to stop Mr. Dragmire! from taking over Hyrule!
What I am trying to say is when Ganon touched the triforce, he made a wish that everything would be covered in darkness, also that he would rule.
the Eight wise men or sages >.> created the master sword in order to stop him and seal him away! In the golden land.... or realm.. :S So he was sealed away, and then the master sword was placed somewhere, so if ever Mr. Dragmire tried to free from the realm, Golden land, twilight realm, and whatever else etc. They could stop him with the sword of evils bane XD

Anyway... I could actually go on!!!!
but I won't.....
I hope Ganon is in Skyward sword! :wave:

Umm, you obviously haven't been paying attention.
The game is supposed to predate Ocarina of Time, which is the origins of Ganondorf and Ganon, by several hundred years.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
What I really hope we do not get is some sort of new villain that turns out have have had Gannon behind him all along. Give a new villain, or give me Gannon. Or give me both Gannon and a new villain. But don't try to pull this crap where you "trick" us into thinking one thing and then "dramatically" reveal Gannon. Because, trust me, I am putting quotes around "trick" and "dramatically" with the utmost levels of intention and disgust.

BTW, Rytex, seriously, that signature is just obnoxiously large. Boo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom