• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Villain?

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I know that the game may predate Ocarina of Time or even Minish Cap by several hundred years. Who do you think that the villain will be? The one I think would be most likely would be Majora. Any other plausible villains?

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Zant was a pretty beast villain in TP, but then Nintendo just made him go psychotic and randomly threw Ganondorf in there. I'm thinking that we'll be getting a brand new villain and we may even see Dark Link. Hopefully Nintendo will think of something original or add a twist to the villain.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
I'm guessing it will be Ganondorf but thats not who I want to see. I want to see a completely new boss because to me, they tend to be more interesting and sometimes, cooler looking :D But nothing against Ganondorf he's awesome but I want a new villain this time around. :)

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I know that the game may predate Ocarina of Time or even Minish Cap by several hundred years. Who do you think that the villain will be? The one I think would be most likely would be Majora. Any other plausible villains?

I really doubt it will be Majora.
He was more of a one off boss designed only to appear in MM in my eyes.
It will most likely be Ganondorf as always.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Plus you always fight regular Ganon and beast Ganon (at least in TP they did something interesting when he possessed Zelda).

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
I would really like a new main villain because Gannon is getting over used. I don't know how it could be Majora like Rytex said, but I think there will probably be a new villain. If there is not a new villain, it will definitely be Gannon/dorf.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
No, it can't be Ganondorf again. Allegedly, this game is a prequel to OoT where Ganondorf was formally introduced. Prior to that, there is no mention of him and I would hate to see another random appearance like in TP. Zant was perfectly fine as the main villain but no. They hadddd to throw him in. >_>
Perhaps they can incorporate Dark Link as a sort of runner up to the main villain, but not the main villain himself. They could still incorporate a sweet fight and some back story if they did something like that.

Majora wouldn't work. That was MM exclusive and I doubt it would work out well in not just this upcoming game, or any others in the future for that matter.

Uhm, I admittedly don't know too much about MC/FS/FSA at all, but would a successor or some sort of minion of Vaati be a possibility? Or is that completely out of the question based on the final outcome of those games...?

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I thought Zant was a well developed character, but Ganondorf HAD to ruin the game and claim the throne once again as main villain. But Zant is more of a Twilight Princess thing;)

Majoria is also more of a Majoria's Mask thing. Unless there's masks in Skyward Sword, which I highly doubt.

Vaati would be a pretty good candidate, but I would completely redesign his appearance to fit an "older" theme. And he IS the Wind Mage, so he's a good candidate.

Malladus was more of a Spirit Tracks thing because I'm pretty sure that Skyward Sword doesn't have any train tracks.

Dark Link is a very good candidate. We've mostly seen him as a boss, so it's time for him to step up to the plate.

I have a REALLY good feeling it will be a brand new villain, because this is when the master sword was first made, so it can't be Ganon, plus with what I've heard it just amkes sense it will be a new villain, they want to go in a new direction. Vattii would make sense because he is the wind sorcerrer, but then again not, because they explained his beginning in Minish cap and his defeat in Four Swords Adventures, and in between in Four Swords, so really, the only real explanation would be a new villain.

Zant's probably not coming anytime soon they're probably going to bring him back when they decide to bring Midna back.
Majora was just pretty much a one time Final Boss. Plus, that thing was in Termina.
Ganondorf is pretty much the only person to bring darkness, cruelty, hate, and evil to the world. Plus Revenge.
Vaati, nah.
Dark Link is just as good of a canidate as Ganondorf which is very high.
And no, Ganondorf isn't being overused, according to Nintendo Power Ganondorf is Nintendo's biggest jerk. The best villian ever

Last edited:
A

AKRedden

I'm going to disagree with some of you guy's so be gentile, haha. I liked how TP had a villian behind a villan Zant having to tag team with Ganondorf to make it harder and I still wouldn't mind if that happened again. But here's what I think should happen (even if it isn't) like in Zelda 2 Ganon is dead and is trying to be revived by hinchmen but instead of being revive have Ganon/Ganondorf just being weaker that the actual main villain? (Sorry if I got a lot of the plots wrong. this is to the best I know)

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
its most likely someone new. the possibilities are - new guy 55% (see the rest of this list) ganon 10% (they said this was before him, but they have pulled this on us before) vatti 0% (he was a kid in minish cap, so he would be unborn) majora 5% (it could explain his origin, but he'd probaly be by himself not with a host. and he lived in termna, so if they brought it back the chances are higher) dark link 15% (he'll make and apperance will be more likely, but not the final boss) zant 0% (they kinda wrapped that one up) bellum 0% (he lives in another dimention on the ghost ship) malludus 10% (that could actually work since they never closed off this world and they could have a game with him before the phantom sword killed him) onyx and that other one that's a girl 5% (i never played OoA/OoS so i dont know if they were killed off, but it might happen) and those are the candidates for skyward sword

Last edited:
J

juanfeanor

I don't think it would be Ganondorf. This is a prequel, as many others have said. It would be cool to se a 3d Vaati, and it also would help to organize the timeline among SS, MC and OoT.

I don't actually think that it is possible for Majora to appear again on this timeline, considering that Link killed Majora once and for all in Majora's Mask. Although you will most likely say that Ganondorf reappears all the time, Ganondorf happens to have the Triforce of Power, thus, making Ganondorf one of most powerful, if not the most powerful people alive. Whilst he has controlled over the Triforce of Power, he will never die either, something that Majora never had. Majora was just a demon, he's not even on the same scale as Ganondorf in terms of power.

Hopefully, no one will be able to name the villian that they believe will appear in this thread, as I want Nintendo to bring in a new villain that we have yet to see make an appearance in the Legend of Zelda series. I was rather content with the idea of Zant being the antagonist of Twilight Princess, it was a change and a cool one at that, until Nintendo decided that they were going to chuck Ganondorf in at the end to join the party, something that took away the contentness that I had first felt, but it opened up more ideas that I have come to love about Twilight Princess. I personally think that Nintendo will either put Ganondorf in this game, after all, he hasn't appeared in the past two Zelda games. However, that's including the DS games, if we weren't to include them, I believe that it is about time that we got another new, never seen before villain. If that were to be the correct scenario, I would be very happy, although I'll just be happy when the game comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom