• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 96!

Would you like Link to have some sort of animal companion in an upcoming game?

• Yes, bring Epona back!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, give him a pet!

• Yes, give him something that helps him fight!

• I don't really care

• No, he should be alone!

• No, but something other than an animal!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winner: Age 15-19 (48.00%)
This week's question: Would you like Link to have some sort of animal companion in an upcoming game?

Yes, bring Epona back!
Yes, give him a pet!
Yes, give him something that helps him fight!
I don't really care
No, he should be alone!
No, but something other than an animal!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
It's hard for me to choose. At first I thought about picking Epona, because she has always been a great form of transportation in the games she appears in. But on the other hand, the introduction of another animal, a more pet-like animal could introduce some cool mechanics. Similar to how Link controls the seagulls in WW, I imagine the same would be done for this game so that Link needs to use the pet to access new areas and such. But then again, I am still unsure. Its hard to decide.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The horseriding in OoT and TP was epic. I demand its return and the expansion of what can be done. Give us horse breeding, customization, and expanded riding combat.

Having a hard time deciding on Epona or being alone. I think it really depends on how the layout of the overworld/darkworld will be. On one hand, I want something similar to The Legend of Zelda (1st Zelda) and Link's Awakening. On the other hand I want to be able to ride Epona and fight on horses. I guess if there is going to be a lot of open space I would want Epona, but if the layout of the overworld/darkworld will be like Zelda 1 or Link's Awakening than I would rather have him be alone.

Still trying to decide.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I really liked having Epona in Twilight Princess over Ocarina of Time. Epona plays a main role in Twilight Princess whereas in Ocarina of Time, Epona is just a side quest.

I think it would be really cool for Link to have Epona again with a main role in the game. Having the horseback battle with Ganondorf in Twilight Princess was so cool! Using Epona so much in the game was really cool too. It seemed a lot more fitting for the time era and setting in the Zelda series.

I say bring Epona back! And maybe even Midna

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I couldn't care less. I really don't mind as long as the game itself is good. If I have to walk long distances it is very handy to got myself a pony. But it is not a need and something that MUST happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom