• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 95!

What age would you like Link to be in a future game?

• 10-14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15-19

• 20-27

• 28-36

• 37-45

• 45+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winner: Forest Theme (40.91%)
This week's question: What age would you like Link to be in a future game?

10-14
15-19
20-27
28-36
37-45
45+

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I've always liked Link being a bit on the younger side. It just adds to the fairy tale feeling of the series and gives the character a weird sort of nostalgic relatability to it's older fans and gives somebody for the younger fans to look up to. I wouldn't mind seeing him age in the game kind of like OoT did, it gives a good visual cue to the progression you've made in the game.

I'd like Link to be around 11-13 in the next 3D game, in a style other than Wind Waker's. We haven't seen such a thing since Majora's Mask, fourteen years ago.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I like Link as a teenager as he was in Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. It seems more fitting for a story that shows someone growing as a character and a hero. Also, I feel like Teen Link is more easier to relate to.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I always thought as the older link from AoL, OoT, Tp, and SS to be in the 16-18 range, and that's what I've always liked best. Not that child Link isn't adorable and I don't love him to death, but I've always felt the older Links were more relatable, even when I was a younger kid.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I really want old man Link. Younger Link is getting old, and an older, more mature Link would make things mighty interestings.

I've been playing Link as a 10-20 year old guy for 30 years (well, 21 in my case). I want something new. I'd love to see an older Link in a future Zelda game. It would make for a really interesting story.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I'm Bias on this as i chose 20-27, That is the age group i fall in... Kinda! LOL

I have always wanted a more adult Link, as in Older than OoT adult link. Also if we were to actually get a 20 something Link, I'm guessing it would most likely be a Sequel to a past game.... You all know you wanna see Link finish out his life after OoT (in the adult timeline where Zelda didnt send him back in time of course).

In that timeline the world was flooded cuz a hero was never born, that being cuz Link finished out his life as an adult in Hyrule Post sealing Ganon. In AoL we had all of ganons Goons seeking revenge on Link to try and revive their master. Well that kinda sounds like it would fit right in line with a Post OoT story.

Just sayin'!

Last edited:

Pandanation

Panda Link
15-19 since this is the age group that Nintendo has shifted to. Also because that young link isn't really popular as adult link but adult link doesn't feel like hes 20+ but a young adult/teenager. So being a relatable character, it could add new view points for the game from puzzles that require over-thinking hints and taking things literally, to having more of a choice in what kind of quest you want to set off on (being a hero, an anonymous hero, or simply a normal person rising from the ashes)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I said 15-19, though I'd probably also go with 10-14.

This is simply because TP Link is my favourite incarnation of Link. I think he has a great design, and it seems like the right age for a hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom