• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 94!

In Zelda Wii U, what do you want the first dungeon's theme to be?

• Forest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire

• Water

• Cavern

• Sand

• Shadow

• Light

• Ice

• Swamp

• Temple

• Wind

• Earth

• Other (Explain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winner: Vire (39.13%)
This week's question: In Zelda Wii U, what do you want the first dungeon's theme to be?

Forest
Fire
Water
Cavern
Sand
Shadow
Light
Ice
Swamp
Temple
Wind
Earth
Other (Explain)

Salem

SICK
I want the "first" dungeon to be "themeless", since it's the first one, it's supposed to teach you about the game, I think it's theme should be basic to reflect that.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I vote Forest because it would keep the tradition going. The tradition being the beginning dungeon usually being a Forest temple of some sort.

Cavern would be a bit different from your average Zelda game and would be cool. It's basic so it's good to get done early, and it would play off the classic trope of the adventurer exploring the cave near his home before setting off on his journey.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I went with Cavern, basically for the same reason that Axle stated. They're typically simple, easy to traverse, nicely designed; exactly what I like from first dungeons!

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I either want them to do the traditional forest or something completely different and unexpected. Just don't make it fire, they've tried that multiple times and I just haven't liked it very much. I wonder what would've happened if Farore's Pearl was the first one you had to get in Wind Waker.

So, this thought hit me…

What if Link had the power to control the elements somehow, and they created puzzles out of that?

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
For some reason, a Swamp dungeon would just seem like a great way to start it off. I really don't know why, I can just see it in my mind

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I went with swamp. I like the Zelda tradition of starting of with the forest- fire and water temples. Swamp would be a twist-off from the traditional forest theme. It worked out pretty well for Majora's Mask with the poisonous water and waterplants.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Dude, swamp would be sick. Imagine going into the murky dangerous misty swamp behind Link's hometown village.
Pretty badass I'd say

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Especially if the swamp wasn't there before. That would be cool actually, having the areas be drastically different before you beat the dungeon and after. They kind of did that in MM, and did it more so in TP but it would be great if they took it further in the new game. They can have each area be super menacing with tons of hazards and then after you beat the boss it all goes back to normal and is nice and easy to get through.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'd say Forest. It's a bloody tradition that I enjoy. It could be used to bring back nostalgia by bringing back themes from OoT and other Zelda titles. The epic journey begins with a trek into the deadly forest. Its like saying, "Here's what you've used to, but in HD and with mechanics, enjoy". It's a good way to start a game out on the right foot.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I picked Water. Just imagine Link living in a small fishing village by the ocean, then suddenly something happens that requires Link to go to a nearby seacave. The dungeon could have mechanics with the tide and other things like that. Would be a really great way to start an adventure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom