• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 79!

Did you beat the original TLoZ with or without the guide here on ZD (or another one)?

• With Guide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Without Guide

• Haven't Beaten it yet

• Haven't Played it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winner: Forest Temple (OOT) (56,25%)
This week's question: Did you beat the original TLoZ with or without the guide here at ZD (or other guide)?

With Guide
Without Guide
Haven't beaten it yet
Haven't played it

Salem

SICK
I played through most of the game without the guide, I mostly looked at a guide for the extra stuff.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Without a guide...per se. Back then the idea of a guide was foreign to me, but I'd still ask other people for help if I had the chance.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
That game is unbelievably hard. I can't stand trying to figure that whole thing without a guide. I mean I tried. I really did, but hell that game is just way too hard to try unassisted. There's so many hidden places you have to find and levels you'll have to replay if you screw up on them. It was too hard so I had to look a few things up.

That's probably why it originally came with guide back on the NES.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ahh yes,that completely random tree that leads to a dungeon i burned down completely on my own
oh and lets not forget using the flute on that empty pond which,as unsurprising as this is,ALSO leads to a dungeon

.....my god i despise this game

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
No guide... the internet wasn't around to tempt me.

At some point we had an impromptu Bomb/Burn-a-thon where four or five of us sectioned off Hyrule and tried to destroy every surface in our assigned screens to find all the remaining secrets.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I have yet to complete the game.

If I were to, then I used the ZD guide here and there, along with the prior knowledge that I gained from the various playthroughs and speedruns that I have seen on Youtube. So far, I have only touched the guide twice. I went there once and accidentally found the shop the sells bait and an old man that either gave rupees or a heart container (foggy memory). To find the final sword upgrade, my willpower weakened and resorted to the Internet. Other than that, I have not used a map or any tips on defeating bosses to get as close to an authentic NES kid as a possibly can.

No guide here. I played it when it first came out. I remember placing a lot of bombs all over the land and temples hoping for caves.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Without guide, for the life of me what few times i've tried to go back and replay the game I can't ever seam to even find a dungeon... No idea how I managed. Though I will concede I didn't play the 2nd quest all the way through if that counts as me not finishing the game or not.

Without a guide? Yeah, screw that.

That said, I would looooove a proper remake. The NES Zeldas both definitely need to be updated and re-released. Maybe on LBW's engine.
Throw in more helpful NPCs (or at least improve their dialogue) and a clarifying prologue, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom