• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 538!

Would you like to see the Shovel in a 3D-game?

• Yes! It'd be great!

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Yes, but limited to certain areas

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes, but only in a mini-game

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Not really

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • PLEASE NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What is your favorite Arthropod-Boss in the series? (Part 2)

Third Place: Draw between "Mothula (ALttP, OoS, WW, ST)" & "Gohma (WW)" (7.1% each)
Second Place: Crayk (PH) (28.6%)
First Place: Armogohma (TP) (57.1%)

A little bit less of a spread this week, but the same percentage amount for the winner as last time. Crayk did rather well, but Armogohma is just way more popular (despite the boss fight being the worst of that game)

This week's question: Would you like to see the Shovel in a 3D-game?

Yes! It'd be great!
Yes, but limited to certain areas
Yes, but only in a mini-game
Maybe
Not really
PLEASE NO!
Don't Care

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I feel like the mogma mitts are the 3d implementation of the shovel and I like them well enough but I wouldn't like to see a shovel implemented in a way where I'm spamming it on every suspicious pile of dirt wasting hours of my life over it

So eh

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I absolutely love the shovel mechanics in Sea of Thieves. It allows you to dig up and bury treasure chest. Considering the game is becoming more and more open world nowadays . It'd be appropriate and cool to include shovel

The problem is you can't have such detailed map(s) with such a large scale like in a pirate game on a Zelda game. Buying maps like in SoT also sounds lame

They could implement a plant which grows above treasure chest to mark it. Add a different shade for recently buried dungeon keys etc

So yes shovel please

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
maybe, personally i think it would really come down to execution of how the shovel works and having some method of identifying where you want to dig

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'm leaning more towards it only having a minor function, like in a mini-game. It's a good way to experiment and implement an item like that in a 3D-game for the first time, without making it too important. If they can make it fun to use then it could show up as a bigger item in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom