• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 531!

What are your thoughts on the title of the next Zelda-game, Tears of the Kingdom?

• I LOVE IT!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I like it

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I'm indifferent to it

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I HATE IT!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know yet

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which version of OoT was you first one?

Third Place: Gamecube Version (12.5%)
Second Place: Draw between "Original N64 Version", "Updated N64 Version" & "3DS-Version" (18.8% each)
First Place: Virtual Console Version (25.0%)

The power has shifted! Many of the younger people here weren't around for the original version, so it has fallen from the first place to be overtaken by the Virtual Console version, which is more accesible!

And looks like part 2 of the racing poll is gonna have to wait another week, because we finally got a real title for the next Zelda-game! Tears of the Kingdom!

This week's question: What are your thoughts on the title of the next Zelda-game, Tears of the Kingdom?

I LOVE IT!
I like it
I'm indifferent to it
I don't like it
I HATE IT!
I don't know yet

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It's hard to say at this point.

The three trailers we've seen so far have left me... unsure. It doesn't help that the most recent trailer spent the first half of its runtime just staring at a wall while doing its bets to avoid gameplay. The rest of that trailer did offer some cool looking visuals with the floating islands, but I just don't know enough about the game to make a good judgment call.

The big red flag is still how antsy Nintendo is being with the story. It'd be like a film studio trying to sell you on their latest picture without letting you see any footage from it.

EDIT: Wait, der. I'm an idiot.

My opinon on the title is... I guess it's okay. I'm not really a fan of using the same title structure as the previous game in the series. ____ of the ____ doesn't feel as good when it's so close to BotW.

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I don’t care for the title at all. I already didn’t like “___ of the ___” format as a title, now it just seems derivative of BotWs title. At least with TotK theres a chance it could actually make sense in context though, unlike BotW.

It kinda feels like they tried too hard to think of a title tbh. It's not utterly terrible or anything and I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it just seems too reliant on the previous game being called Breath of the Wild.

I guess props on breath and tears being personification of an environment; the wild and the kingdom being kind of opposites is worth noting as well but whether that's intentional or not, I have no idea.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I think it’s okay, don’t hate it but don’t love it. I’m thinking it’ll grow on me over time. Especially once the game itself is here, and I’ll be able to determine whether it’s a fitting title or not.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm actually indifferent about it. I normally don't care enough about a title but rather about the game itself. I'm excited about the release date and so look forward to it so the title doesn't take this excitement away.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
It's alright. Not crazy about using the same format as X of the X, even if I do actually like Breath of the Wild as a title.

Really just indifferent to the title and more interested to play the game and see why Nintendo was being so silly about acting like Tears of the Kingdom spoiled literally anything.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
So as I've pointed out, "___ of the ___" will make sense if there's a story arch through three Zelda games on the Switch. It will also make sense if there's simply a duology of related games. They did it with Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures, and A Link to the Past/A Link Between Works. It's a long tradition in the series and it's made sense so far. I've got no problem with it whatsoever.

Last edited:

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'm not the biggest fan of it. I've honestly never really liked titles for Zelda-games that are longer than 3 words (and that third word usually being "of" or "the"), it just becomes a bit clunky after that.
This then includes BotW, ALttP and ALBW. I've never been overly fond of those titles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom