• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 520!

Do you think that there should be seasons in upcoming Zelda-Games?

• Yes, would be awesome!

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Sure, I wouldn't mind

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No, I don't want the developers to put time into that

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noooooooo!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Who is your favorite Fortune-Teller?

Third Place: Fortune-Teller from ALttP (16.7%)
Second Place: Madame Fanadi from TP (25.0%)
First Place: Astrid from PH (33.3%)

It finally happened! An option from Phantom Hourglass won a poll!

RETRO POLL! Almost exactly 8 years ago, we had poll number 110. In that poll, I asked if you'd like to see a Zelda-game have seasonal changes in it (but not like OoS where you change them yourself, but rather like Pokémon Black & White where it changes on its own with time). The people of ZD back then mianly thought it sounded like a great idea, with over 90% of the voters being on the positive side of the spectrum for this. But now almost all those people are no longer on ZD (except for Mellow Ezlo), so the results may differ quite a bit! Let's see!

This week's question: Do you think that there should be seasons in upcoming Zelda-Games? Not like in OoS, where you control them, but just as a visual thing.

Yes, would be awesome!
Sure, I wouldn't mind
I don't care
No, I don't want the developers to put time into that
Noooooooo!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Introducing seasons would certainly make the world feel a bit more dynamic. Shifting seasons do a lot to make Hyrule feel a bit more lived in while potentially providing a passing of time mechanic to establish how long elements of the story are taking.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
maybe not botw2 but the next good zelda game should take a lot of inspiration from sekiro imo, which was basically fromsoft's take on a zelda game
and sekiro has world states that include varying amounts of snowfall and enemies

Skunk

Floof
Hey I was here back then! Although I might have been more active than now... :bear: Anyway, I would love to see another Zelda game with seasons! I think seasons can be really fun in games, and maybe a project after the sequel to Breath of the Wild could be fun to play around with them in.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Hey I was here back then! Although I might have been more active than now... :bear: Anyway, I would love to see another Zelda game with seasons! I think seasons can be really fun in games, and maybe a project after the sequel to Breath of the Wild could be fun to play around with them in.
I was mainly refering to people who had a reply in that old thread that is still active today ^^

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
shifting seasons can work pretty well, would definitely be cool to see

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Sure, I wouldn't mind.

But I don't necessarily want it particularly. Since the regions by themselves are very divorce.

Perhaps changes in season and scenery could play a role in exploration, like maybe theres hidden pathways that you wouldn't notice until wintertime when the trees lose their leaves or something
But this is a good idea.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
My answer hasn't changed since back then. It'd be nice to see, but I don't think they should put overly much effort into it if something else comes up lacking because of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom