• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 511!

Which game has your favorite Title Screen Music? (Part 1)

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Link's Awakening/Oracle of Seasons/Ages

• Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • The Wind Waker

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Four Swords Adventures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spirit Tracks

• A Link Between Worlds

• Hyrule Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: In BotW 2, what do you want the first dungeon's theme to be?

Third Place: Draw between "Fire", "Earth", "Wind" and "Light" (6.3% each)
Second Place: Draw between "Forest", "Shadow" and "Temple" (12.5% each)
First Place: Other (Cavern, sand, swamp or something else) (37.5%)

Quite a big difference compared to last time! The popularity for the Forest-theme has gone down and instead, most here would like the first dungeon to be something a bit more obscure, something of a theme that's used a bit more sparringly in the series. I agree that it'd be interesting to see that!

This week's question: Which game has your favorite Title Screen Music? (Part 1)

The Legend of Zelda
Link's Awakening/Oracle of Seasons/Ages
Majora's Mask
The Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures
Spirit Tracks
A Link Between Worlds
Hyrule Warriors

Damnit, you're gonna put Adventure of Link and Ocarina of Time in the same poll, aren't you...

Tough one between Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, one is a more jaunty and fun tune (a toon tune?), but the other one does an amazing job for setting the mood for what's to come, an important task considering the much darker tone of that game. So I went with Majora, cause it had fewer votes. ^_^

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
My first choice would have been triforce heroes :mad:
In the absence of that I'll go with the triforce fanfare that appears in alttp and albw. It swells so wonderfully

Well, that'll be in part 2! ^^

Damnit, you're gonna put Adventure of Link and Ocarina of Time in the same poll, aren't you...
Well, it just ended up being that way this time :shrug:

I like so many of these myself. The fanfare originally from ALttP, but that is also used in ALBW is iconic! The Wind Waker Title Theme is great and so catchy! The Four Swords Adventures one is amazing and underrated.
But in the end, I have to give it to Majora's Mask on this one. The way it shifts toward the end to become so creepy and ominous really sets the tone for the entire game

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Do you... Have any other examples?
Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" is in Db major.

For 9/8 time, "Jambi" by Tool is mostly in 9/8, though with how they tend to accent at weird places it doesn't feel that it's in 9/8, but when played and counted correctly, it is in 9/8.

To get other examples of being in both 9/8 and in Db major, I'd have to cite a lot of classical composers and jazz cats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom