• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 509!

Which is your favorite Tiger Scroll technique from MC?

• Spin Attack

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Sword Beam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dash Attack

• Peril Beam

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Rock Breaker

• Roll Attack

• Downthrust

• Great Spin Attack

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What is your favorite incarnation of Dampé, the gravekeeper?

Third Place: Dampé from ALBW (16.7%)
Second Place: Dampé from MM (25.0%)
First Place: Dampé from OoT (50.0%)

Hmm... The results this time seems to be in game-popularity order...

This week's question: Which is your favorite Tiger Scroll technique from MC?

Spin Attack
Sword Beam
Dash Attack
Peril Beam
Rock Breaker
Roll Attack
Downthrust
Great Spin Attack

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The tiger scrolls are probably the least good implementation of a learned moveset in the franchise, and it’s mainly because of the fact that 50%ish of them are moves that have been in Links base moveset as far back as Zelda 1.

Forcing me to go out of my way to learn basic moves like the spin attack and sword beam completely devalues the fact that I found the place for me to obtain them. These aren’t cool new moves for me to play around with, they’re moves that have been stripped away from me for some reason.

On top of that, even the new-ish ones feel cumbersome to use. At no point does it feel good to use any of the ones that actually require new inputs as opposed to just being new properties of the attack.

I guess the peril beam is the best of the bunch, as it’s actually a pretty neat twist on the classic, but the whole system in general was done better in Zelda 2 and especially TP.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Ooh so hard to choose
Dash attack, rolling attack, or down thrust???

You know, I'll go with the rolling attack. It's one of the least useful, but it's really cool looking and feels satisfying to time right

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I haven't played MC yet, but "peril beam" just sounded cool, and I looked it up and it sounds massively useful. Usually if I'm down to a quarter heart I get killed before I reach a health pick up because the obvious reaction is to avoid enemies (which isn't always successful) or fight (which is super risky). Peril beam let's you do both, which is pretty neat.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I haven't played MC yet, but "peril beam" just sounded cool, and I looked it up and it sounds massively useful. Usually if I'm down to a quarter heart I get killed before I reach a health pick up because the obvious reaction is to avoid enemies (which isn't always successful) or fight (which is super risky). Peril beam let's you do both, which is pretty neat.
I think you'll love minish cap

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
As much as I like the Rock Breaker for it's incredible convenience, I have to give it to the Great Spin Attack. It's just too much fun, especially if combined with a Yellow Picolyte and a big, grassy field!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom