• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 502!

Would you ever want Din, Farore and Nayru to appear in person in a game?

• Yes, all 3!

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Yes, 2 of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only 1 of them

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, not yet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: The Wii U & 3DS E-shop is going down! Are you buying any Zelda-games on them before that?

Third Place: Draw between "Yes, one" and "Maybe" (9.1% each)
Second Place: Draw between "Yes, a few", "No, I don't want them" and "No, I don't own a Wii U or 3DS " (18.2% each)
First Place: No, I have them already (27.3%)

Of course most of us would already own most Zelda-games! A very decent mixed result though, very evenly distributed.

This week's question: Link has never met the 3 goddesses in person. Would you ever want Din, Farore and Nayru to appear in person in a game?

Yes, all 3!
Yes, 2 of them
Yes, but only 1 of them
Maybe
No, not yet
Never

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
That'd be a really neat idea. Maybe demonstrate how, despite their divinity, the goddesses are just as prone to error as mortals are in the Zelda universe or some such story element.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I've been saying this for months, yes, one THOUSAND percent. There's so much they could do with them as actual characters. The three celestial goddesses only really get addressed in oot, most other games just have a hyper fixation with Hylia. I would love to see what they could do and what series mysteries could be explained.

I would have said no, as the idea that the Three Golden Goddesses had kind of left everything in Hylia's hands (which was introduced in SS) is a good, compelling concept that would be ruined if we saw them in-game. But, because the backstories of WW and TP talking about the Golden Goddesses both sending the flood and sending the Light Spirits, and presumably sending the Picori in MC, I guess they've already been shown to be meddling in the world of Hyrule aside from Hylia.

So I'd love to see them.

Skunk

Floof
I think it would be cool, but we also know very little about them. There's not a lot of information about what people in Hyrule even really think about them, so they'd have to be worked into the world in a way that either made them more personal(bring back oracles?) or used their vagueness to characterize them as unknowable and unapproachable.

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
I would like to see the three of them, maybe it could be three side quests where you would have to find (and maybe restore ?) their shrines. Maybe something similar to the OoT quest to get their blessings/skills.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Nope, never, I wanna play Zelda games for the story and puzzles and combat and adventure and exploration and whatnot, not for some dumb mythology.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I do not.

I'm always apprehensive about fiction that features direct involvement from deities. I find that having a deity act directly within a story diminishes their status. Now they aren't gods, they're just powerful beings playing dress-up. I'd prefer they stay alluded to and never taking direct action. I think the closest they should come is the prologue of Wind Waker where they used their powers to commit genocide and wipe out the overwhelming majority of Hyrule's population.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom