• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 501!

The Wii U & 3DS E-shop is going down! Are you buying any Zelda-games on them before that?

• Yes, all of them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, a few

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes, one

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, I have them already

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No, I don't want them

• No, I don't own a Wii U or 3DS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: When did you join/find ZeldaDungeon?

Third Place: 2013-2015 (12.0%)
Second Place: Draw between "2007-2009" and "2010-2012" (20.0% each)
First Place: 2019-2021 (52.0%)

Thank you so much for participating the the 500th Poll! The results are not much of a surprise to me, as many of the currently active people here are newer members that joined in the last couple of years. Then there are a few of us veterans that has stuck around for a little over 10 years by now. In between there, the forums had a bit of a dip in new people (or at least ones that have stayed active), so that's a bit lower.
But there is not a single vote from anyone of the early, early days of ZD. I guess they've all either moved on, or never really went on the forums. How far into ZD's lifetime were the forums created btw?
And then there is Mases who created the whole thing. Even though he didn't vote in this, we all know the answer!

This week's question: The Wii U & 3DS E-shop is going down! Are you buying any Zelda-games on them before that?

Yes, all of them!
Yes, a few
Yes, one
Maybe
No, I have them already
No, I don't want them
No, I don't own a Wii U or 3DS

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I have all the ones I want off of them. Aside from TP Piccross, all of the Zelda games on the virtual console have physical releases, most of which I already own. So buying them again digitally just kinda wastes space that I could be saving for eshop exclusives like the guild games (which everyone needs to buy as it’s one of the last ways to really support Level-5 and it’s about to go away forever).

The only ones I’d even think about getting are the Oracle games on the 3DS virtual console because that’s currently the only official way to play them with save states, but I don’t like the oracle games enough to care.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I really have no need to. Homebrew means none of the eShop content is ever lost to me on either system, and I own physical copies of the Zelda games I actually want to own physical copies for, so.

I have all the Zeldy games from the 3DS eshop that I probably needed to get. The only one I might consider snagging from the Wii U is Majora's Mask as I seriously cannot remember if I snagged it from the Wii shop on Wii U before it went down or not, and I'd like to have Majora's Mask on my Wii U for to go with Ocarina of Time already on my Wii U (which I think I might've gotten for free on the Wii shop but I can't remember why).

The only 3DS Zelda game I have in mind is ALBW, but I usually prefer physical copies so this doesn't put me in any hurry.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Probably not. Both the Wii U and the 3DS are at that point in their lives where there really isn't official support for them. While some physical 3DS games are no doubt still produced, I doubt there are any plants pumping out Wii U copies. If the game is exclusive to the Wii U or 3DS, I'd probably opt for emulation. If it isn't, I'll pick it up on another platform.

If a digital platform is going down, don't take it as a sign to buy more games through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom