• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 495!

Which OoS/OoA exclusive item would you like to see again in a future game?

• Magnetic Gloves

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Rod of Seasons

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Seed Satchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hyper Slingshot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harp of Ages

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Seed Shooter

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: If you lived in the world of Skyward Sword, where would you want to live?

Third Place: Faron Woods (21.4%)
Second Place: On a lone floating island (28.6%)
First Place: Skyloft (35.7%)

The less monsters around, the more you guys would want to live there! That's my take-away from last weeks poll! Understandably, no one voted for the volcano or desert.

This week's question: Which OoS/OoA exclusive item would you like to see again in a future game?

Magnetic Gloves
Rod of Seasons
Seed Satchel
Hyper Slingshot
Harp of Ages
Seed Shooter
Other

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
None of the items listed are particularly good imo.

The seeds in the oracle games were never particularly neat mechanics to me. Nearly all of the seeds were just replacements for items that were already in previous titles, making it just feel like yet another gimmick mechanic in a pair of games that were already full of them. Also, why would you ever want the seed satchel or slingshot when you can have the seed shooter, which has literally every advantage to the other 2.

The harp of ages is just a poor man’s Ocarina of Time, so if you’re gonna bring back a time-based item make it that.

The Rod of Seasons is just a lame item in general (though I guess it would’ve been rather handy to have the ability to change the weather in BotW).

And the Magnetic gloves, while cool, are already in another game, and even if they weren’t we already have the magnesis rune so their inclusion is moot.

So my vote goes to the rings. I know that rings aren’t exclusive to the Oracle games but the mechanic is. I’d love to see the mechanic return in a way that’s less confusing and more useful.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Even though I've not played OoA yet, I must say that the Seed Shooter sounds very interesting. There's so much potential in being able to ricochet your projectiles, it could make for some great puzzles!

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I love several of these items and would be delighted to see any of them in a new Zelda game. But dude, it's not even close. Strange Flute. That's what we need in BotW2. Strange Flute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom