• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 491!

What is your favorite cold area in Zelda? (Part 2)

• Ice Cavern (OoT)

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Winter Season (OoS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Temple of Droplets (MC)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Frozen Hyrule (FSA)

• Isle of Frost (PH)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Ice Ruins (ALBW)

• Ice Levels (TFH)

• Gerudo Highlands (BotW)

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Do you think there should have been more plot elements in between the dungeons in Spirit Tracks?

Third Place: Draw between "Maybe a little" and "I don't know/care " (9.1% each)
Second Place: Yes, A LOT of plot! Needs more story! (18.2%)
First Place: Sure, a bit more plot would be nice (63.6%)

I think we're pretty much all in agreement. The game needs some more plot going on. It's so devoid of it in the middle!

This week's question: What is your favorite cold area in Zelda? (Part 2)

Ice Cavern (OoT)
Winter Season (OoS)
Temple of Droplets (MC)
Frozen Hyrule (FSA)
Isle of Frost (PH)
Ice Ruins (ALBW)
Ice Levels (TFH)
Gerudo Highlands (BotW)

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I think its cool how in the Temple of Droplets you get to see the boss at the very beginning as you slowly thaw it out and fight it. Also its once again a normal enemy turned into a boss cuz of being Minish size.

Can I say "None of 'em"? I hate the cold.

Serious: I'm going to have to go with the Temple of Droplets. I found it pretty interesting for an Ice Themes dungeon/area. The Ice isle from WW was cute in its own way, Especially with how Link says "Ow dah doh dah doh" when the slips.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
here's all the good ice areas!
I'd vote for like, 4 of these before even considering one from the previous poll
Which ones you like then?

When I do polls in several parts, I try to pick them from every second game, as to mix the areas a bit. Instead of doing one poll from older games and one for newer ones

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Which ones you like then?

When I do polls in several parts, I try to pick them from every second game, as to mix the areas a bit. Instead of doing one poll from older games and one for newer ones
I personally voted for OOT's ice cavern, but temple of droplets, isle of frost, ice ruins, and gerudo highlands are all easily more enjoyable areas to traverse than any option from the previous poll to me

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I was never the biggest fan of any of these. It’s just really hard to do an ice themed area well,

I guess if I were to compare these, though…

I actively dislike the seasons in OoS, the Temple of Droplets was never my favorite either, the Ice Ruins, Gerudo Highlands, and TFH ice levels were all equally forgettable, and I didn’t actually get far enough in FSA to experience it’s ice area.

The Ice Cavern in OoT is ok, though for some reason the water trial in Ganons Tower is based on it and it has one of the worst puzzle in the game, not to mention the blue fire is just a slog to use.

I guess the best would be the Isle of Frost, simply because I always liked the Anooki as a race, and the Grappling hook is actually kinda neat in PH.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I do hope we'll see the Anouki again sometime in the future, because I really liked them. Isle of Frost was a really fun part of PH, when you had to figure out which anouki was the fake one

Skunk

Floof
I really like the area at the end of the Ice Cavern where you play the Serenade of Water with Sheik, so I'll vote for that, but the Gerudo Highlands and winter in Oracle of Seasons are fun, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom