• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 481!

What is your favorite goodbye in the series?

• Koholint Fades Away (LA)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Navi Leaves (OoT)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Tatl's Goodbye (MM)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Farewell Hyrule King (WW)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ezlo's Goodbye (MC)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Midna's Departure (TP)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ciela's Parting (PH)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anjean & Lokomo Leaves (ST)

• Fi's Farewell (SS)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Leaving Lorule (ALBW)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which is your favorite version of Hyrule?

Third Place: Draw between "ALttP/FSA/ALBW Hyrule" and "OoT Hyrule" (11.1% each)
Second Place: TP Hyrule (22.2%)
First Place: BotW Hyrule (44.4%)

Well, the votes were mostly similar this time around, with TP getting a bigger chunk, and ALttP & OoT a bit behind. But because BotW has joined the party since last time, it overtook them all! Almost half the voters in the poll favor the latest version of Hyrule!

This week's question: What is your favorite goodbye in the series?

Koholint Fades Away (LA)
Navi Leaves (OoT)
Tatl's Goodbye (MM)
Farewell Hyrule King (WW)
Ezlo's Goodbye (MC)
Midna's Departure (TP)
Ciela's Parting (PH)
Anjean & Lokomo Leaves (ST)
Fi's Farewell (SS)
Leaving Lorule (ALBW)

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I think my favorite was Saria's (both in the forest temple and when you leave the village for the first time) and then Midna's.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
It’s a tossup between Kohilint disappearing and the King of Hyrule saying goodbye. Both of them had implications that connected to the themes of the game, like when the King reached out to Link almost grabbed his hand, before pulling it away.

Both of them are powerful endings, but I think I have to give the edge to WW.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I thought this was just about like, not only the cutscene, but the music and the entire vibe. So for me it was between Farewell Hyrule King, and Navi leaves.

I voted Navi leaves because for me the ending of Ocarina of Time felt like the most epic ending to a video game that could be possible. Navi flies away through the window of the Sword Chamber, and the music crescendos as Link turns away from the Master Sword, and the bell tolls feel so appropriate. What a great sendoff for one of the greatest games made.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I had to go with Koholint fading away. For me, it was probably the saddest moment in any zelda game, period. You see everyone living out their lives, peacefully oblivious to the world fading around them. It's very bittersweet, just like waking up from a good dream is. Perhaps the sweet thing about is thta unlike most dreams, Link remembers everything, which he acknowledges by watching the seagull fly away. Thus he is doing what Marin asked and never forgetting her... excuse me, I'm gonna go sob now...

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
Farewell Hyrule King for me, it is an extremely powerful scene, and i really love the execution of the theme of letting go of the past in WW

MW7

I chose Link's Awakening. I think it has the most interesting story of any Zelda game, and the ending is a major part of it. I also really like OoT, MM, WW, and ALBW.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I did not expect Koholint to be as popular an answer as it is =O

For me it's the Farewell Hyrule King. It's not even a bitter-sweet goodbye, it's just sad... You can see how much Link wants him to go with them,,, And the music... the music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom