• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 479!

What is your favorite desert in the Zelda-series? (Part 2)

• Yarna Desert (LA)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Samasa Desert (OoS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sand Realm (ST)

• Lanayru Sand Sea (SS)

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Unnamed Desert (ALBW)

• Gerudo Desert (BotW)

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What is your favorite desert in the Zelda-series? (Part 1)

Third Place: Draw between "Unnamed Desert (LoZ)" and "Desert of Mystery (ALttP)" (5.3% each)
Second Place: Draw between "Haunted Wasteland/Desert Colossus (OoT)" and "Lanayru Desert (SS)" (21.1% each)
First Place: Gerudo Desert (TP) (47.4%)

The only deserts not to recieve any votes at all were the multiplayer ones... How interesting... Well, Gerudo Desert from TP got almost half the votes, so it won pretty soundly! But there are more deserts to vote on!

This week's question: What is your favorite desert in the Zelda-series? (Part 2)

Yarna Desert (LA)
Samasa Desert (OoS)
The Sand Realm (ST)
Lanayru Sand Sea (SS)
Unnamed Desert (ALBW)
Gerudo Desert (BotW)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I like the sheer vastness of the desert in Breath of the Wild. It feels much more open and hostile than some of the other iterations, plus it has the skeleton of a dead god lingering in its depths.

I want to give it to the Samasa Desert because it's such a fascinating part of Holodrum, but the Gerudo Desert is absolutely magnificent. It has some of the most interesting story content, side quests, shrine quests, unique mini-boss, and the best town in any Zelda game (better than Clock Town, I said it).

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I want to give it to the Samasa Desert because it's such a fascinating part of Holodrum, but the Gerudo Desert is absolutely magnificent. It has some of the most interesting story content, side quests, shrine quests, unique mini-boss, and the best town in any Zelda game (better than Clock Town, I said it).
I feel the exact same way! Samasa Desert is one of the best 2D-deserts in the series and is much more interesting than the little mini-desert that is Yarna from LA. But Gerudo Desert from BotW is just too hard to beat

Fig

The Altruist
BotW did the desert region justice this time around. Frankly, it always seems the desert regions in Zelda games always seem like after thoughts as they are usually just plain. There's rarely a reason to go back to them once you finished the story quest associated to it asides from one challenge or something. Not to mention there's actually depth to the scenery whether it's the desert cities, the ruins, the vast emptiness of the sand dunes, or simply a short pit stop in between it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom