• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 475!

If you could create a new type of Elemental Arrow, what would it be and what would it's effect be?

• Earth Arrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Arrow

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Wind Arrow

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Ethereal Arrow

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Poison Arrow

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Magnetic Arrow

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Multiplying Arrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: If you went to the Knight Academy in Skyward Sword, who do you think you'd end up being friends with?

Third Place: Draw between "Zelda" and "Pipit" (6.7% each)
Second Place: Draw between "The teachers" and "Fledge" (13.3% each)
First Place: Draw between "Link", "Groose" and "No one" (20.0% each)

Votes went all over the place this time and resulted in the rare Triple Draw! Poor Cawlin, Karane and Stritch gets no new friends...

This week's question: If you could create a new type of Elemental Arrow, what would it be and what would it's effect be?

Earth Arrow
Dark Arrow
Wind Arrow
Ethereal Arrow
Poison Arrow
Magnetic Arrow
Multiplying Arrow
Other

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
" Poison arrow" isn't that a song? :P I couldn't resist :P
Hmm Magnetic Arrow sounds very handy but so does multiplying arrow. But we have a bow which gives you the opportunity to shoot more arrows. I go for other: magical arrow. I would like to have an arrow that gives you the option what effect it will bring before you use it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
A magnetic arrow could be a fun tool to mess around with in a Breath of the Wild setting. Fire an arrow into a wall and then fire an arrow at an enemy. Suddenly the enemy is yanked away and pinned to the wall like a pair of underwear drying in the middle of summer. I dig it.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Poison arrow sounds dope. Maybe an arrow whose poison confuses the enemy so they attack randomly, regardless of whether or not they end up attacking their own or you.

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
have to agree on magnetic arrows, they just seem like something you could get really interesting play out of, because imagine there is just a collection of metal weapons strewn about a camp, you could fire an arrow through the camp, and make it so that all the weapons get taken along with its' magnetic effect

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Having Multishot in Zelda would be pretty cool, but I'mma go with dark because they sound like they have the most potential for some awesome stuff.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I’m going with wind arrows, because they sound fun to use. Imagine just using a wind arrow, and once you strike it at the enemy, the enemy is blown away. Just sounds like a fun thing to mess around with.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I think magnetic arrow makes the most sense in the context of zelda
it's a key item with both puzzle applications and combat applications, which is what they really try to go for
wind arrow is a close second to me and the rest don't excite me very much

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
"Ethereal arrow" could mean a lot of things, and I could see a lot of puzzle applications. For example, perhaps the ethereal arrow can travel through certain materials but not others? Or perhaps some sort of dark material can be destroyed. Maybe there are ghosts you can only kill with ethereal arrows. There are plenty of possibilities any way it's implemented.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
"Ethereal arrow" could mean a lot of things, and I could see a lot of puzzle applications. For example, perhaps the ethereal arrow can travel through certain materials but not others? Or perhaps some sort of dark material can be destroyed. Maybe there are ghosts you can only kill with ethereal arrows. There are plenty of possibilities any way it's implemented.
I'm thinking about the same, it's a really cool idea!

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’m gonna say magnetic, but with a slightly different take on it.

I think it would be cool to have a metallic arrow type, and then you can use magnesis to control its trajectory, kinda like the beetle, but with more damage-based puzzle solving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom