• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 456!

What is your favorite Great Fairy reward in Majora's Mask?

• Magic Power/ Great Fairy Mask (Clock Town Fairy)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Super Spin Attack (Woodfall Fairy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double Magic Meter (Snowhead Fairy)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Enhanced Defense (Great Bay Fairy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great Fairy's Sword (Ikana Canyon Fairy)

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Who do you think is the best mentor for Link?

Third Place: Oshus (PH) (18.8%)
Second Place: Rusl (TP) (25.0%)
First Place: Orca & Sturgeon (WW) (31.3%)

I'm happy to see that Oshus made the top 3 for this poll, any time an underappreciated game gets some attention it makes me happy. The edited in Rusl takes second place (because so many people here just love TP), while the old duo from Wind Waker takes the grand prize! The grand prize isn't really anything though, just a week of honor.

This week's question: What is your favorite Great Fairy reward in Majora's Mask?

Magic Power/Great Fairy Mask (Clock Town Fairy)
Super Spin Attack (Woodfall Fairy)
Double Magic Meter (Snowhead Fairy)
Enhanced Defense (Great Bay Fairy)
Great Fairy's Sword (Ikana Canyon Fairy)

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The great fairy sword was almost completely worthless outside of a minidungeon and a segment in the moon, and is also by far the hardest to get, making it a pointless item, which is why I love it.

It’s absurdly goofy in a game where that goofiness is somehow both abundant and unexpected at the same time. The colors clash in such an ugly way it’s beautiful, and the sword is three times the size of link, making him look ridiculous every time he holds it, especially in clock town.

Basically, the Great Fairy Sword is a spirit train wreck of the most beautiful kind, and the perfect reward for 100%ing such a weird, fantastical dungeon.

MW7

I like all of them except the super spin attack. I picked double magic as my favorite as Majora's Mask has a lot of uses for magic with the elemental arrows being so useful. I like to use the Great Fairy's Sword more than usual by collecting dungeon items and coming back to finish up the dungeons after finishing Stone Tower Temple.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I picked the fairy sword because its probably the coolest of those, but I almost just chose the Clock Town magic power simply because its the only one I've actually bothered to go through the effort of getting.
Well, you sorta have to get that one to beat the game. The others are optional. However, if you do Clock Town a second time in Hylian form (it's just one little fairy, it's not really a bother for anyone XD) you'll also get the Great Fairy Mask

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Well, you sorta have to get that one to beat the game. The others are optional. However, if you do Clock Town a second time in Hylian form (it's just one little fairy, it's not really a bother for anyone XD) you'll also get the Great Fairy Mask
Wait, why isn’t that an option? It doesn’t beat the Great Fairy Sword, but it is definitely a close second.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The Great Fairy Sword always seemed theoretically cool, but just kind of useless compared to the Gilded Sword. It takes up an item slot, which forces you to potentially switch out items more, and you can't use a shield while holding it. Those two facts just kind of invalidate it for me. The boring but practical option is the doubled magic meter, since it's the only one I consistently finish on replays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom