• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 448!

What is your favorite Hookshot/Clawshot design?

• ALttP Hookshot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Hookshot

• OoT Hookshot/Longshot

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • MM Hookshot

• OoA Switch Hook

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • WW Hookshot

• TP Clawshot

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • SS Clawshot

• ALBW Hookshot

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • TFH Gripshot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Who is your favorite Random NPC from OoT out of these?

Third Place: Twin Jugglers (18.8%)
Second Place: Fado (25.0%)
First Place: Mido (43.8%)

The two Kokiri siblings wins this one. I do feel like Mido was sorta a given winner for this poll, as he is the only one that has some part in the main story. But I still didn't consider him big enouhg of a character to exclude from this sorta poll.

This week's question: What is your favorite Hookshot/Clawshot design?

ALttP Hookshot
LA Hookshot
OoT Hookshot/Longshot
MM Hookshot
OoA Switch Hook
WW Hookshot
TP Clawshot
SS Clawshot
ALBW Hookshot
TFH Gripshot

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ooh this is a really tough one
on the one hand, you've got the double clawshots from TP and SS (skyward sword's wii motion plus means they're just strictly better, so I don't expect TP to get any votes despite being OG, since that's not relevant)
on the other hand, there's the multi-purpose functionality of OOT and WW hookshot, with WW's notably interacting with other items in really intuitive ways and even manages to be relevant in unique ways to the grappling hook.
then there's a link to the past hookshot which is just hilariously overpowered, and the switch hook is such a unique take on the grapple hook design space.
for me, it's one of these four for sure, just how to narrow it down...

I think I gotta give the edge to wind waker, maybe I'm just biased :shrugs:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I thought using the hookshot in tandem with the iron boots in the Wind Temple was a really creative use of the item, and using it to pull a huge stone statue onto Link's head is hilarious.

But nothing beats using the double clawshots to fly across the sky, especially during the Argorok boss fight, so Twilight Princess gets my vote.

The double clawshots from TP and SS are super cool, but the concept of the OoA Switch Hook is genius for both puzzles and combat. It turns a cool traversal mechanic into a game-changing idea that has all the best exploration and traversal parts of the other hookshots, plus puzzling and combat capabilities.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I am very nostalgic for the OoT Hookshot/Longshot. I really like their design, they are simple, but very cool looking.
Tbh, I do like the concept of the Double Clawshots, but I dislike the change from a pointy arrowlike end, to a little claw that grabs things. It just doesn't feel as satisfying to use...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom