• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 437!

Which game has your favorite design and function of the boomerang?

• TLoZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALttP

• LA/OoS/OoA

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • OoT

• WW

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • MC

• FS/FSA

• TP

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • PH/ST

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • ALBW/TFH

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: If Wind Waker had one more dungeon, what theme would you like it to be?

Third Place: Sand (6.7%)
Second Place: Other (13.3%)
First Place: Draw between "Water", "Ice", "Ruins" and "Light" (20.0%)

Very mixed results last week! Every single option got voted for and the winner was a 4 way tie, out of a total of 6 options. Some people counted the Tower of the Gods as parts water and light, and thus dismissed those options too.

This week's question: Which game has your favorite design and function of the boomerang? (Not counting the ones from BotW, they're just not the same...)

TLoZ
ALttP
LA/OoS/OoA
OoT
WW
MC
FS/FSA
TP
PH/ST
ALBW/TFH

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I almost went with Windwaker, as it was the first time that the item wasn’t either rendered completely obsolete 5 minutes later (LoZ, LttP, OoS), completely overpowered to the point of it being uninteresting past the initial novelty (LA), or just worthless in general (OoT).

But then I remembered the DS games.

the boomerang is one of the main reasons why I wish touchscreens caught on as a major part of controlling a game. Sure selecting 5 points for the ‘rang to hit on its path is neat, but drawing the exact path it takes? That’s genius! PH and ST had some of the most creative puzzles in the series to date, and it’s all thanks to things like the boomerang.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I love the multiple targeting in TWW. That being said, LoZ was a close second, seeing ad how you can stun enemies. Makes combat sooo much easier. Design wise imma say TP. I loved the winged design and the concept of having a fairy inside was a new take.

This is gonna seem strange, but I actually think Phantom Hourglass did. See, what I'd do while fighting a host of enemies at once was throw the boomerang in a back and forth pattern so it effectively created a wall that separated one or two of the more troublesome enemies and allowed me to dispatch the ones in front of me while protecting my flank. It felt neat and clever because the game didn't tell me to do that, I just did it.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
The boomerang from WW was the one that felt the best to use to me. OoT always felt slow (and barely needed in the game), TP felt weak and lacked any omph and for most the 2D-games it was ok, but not much more. While I probably like the design of the OoT boomerang a bit more, the way it feels when using the WW boomerang is much better, so that wins for me.
The PH/ST boomerang is also really great, and VERY different, but I just have to go with WW on this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom