• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 436!

If Wind Waker had one more dungeon, what theme would you like it to be?

• Water

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Sand

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Ice

• Ruins

• Light

• Other

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What is your favorite design for the Chuchu?

Third Place: Draw between "MM Chuchu" and "TP Chu" (6.3% each)
Second Place: BotW Chuchu (18.8%)
First Place: WW/MC/PH/ST Chuchu (68.8%)

Big win for the slimy hoppers originally from WW! However, 1 person voted for the TP Chu... Who'd do that for such a forgettable enemy? That made the SS Chuchu come in last, and that one is miles ahead of the TP Chu in my opinion

This week's question: If Wind Waker had one more dungeon, what theme would you like it to be?

Water
Sand
Ice
Ruins
Light
Other

MW7

I went with Ice as it is a common theme of my favorite dungeons, but Water is a close second. I think a more fleshed out version of the first part of the Tower of Gods would be cool with a full length dungeon involving the King of Red Lions.

I'm going with Ice. The winter theme blended so well with WW's graphics and art style that it's a shame it was so underused.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I feel like I sky-themed dungeon would work the best as a third dungeon in the latter duo. Earth, wind, and sky would parallel nicely, and hopefully they could differentiate between a wind and sky dungeon.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I said other simply because a lot of these were already in the game.

light, ruins, and even water I’d argue are all covered in the tower of the gods

sand is kinda the same as earth (though honestly the earth temple wasn’t very earthy to begin with)

we already had an ice mini-dungeon, and I’d rather we had that than a full ice dungeon.

I also don’t like putting dungeons in “elemental categories.” The best dungeons are ones that don’t rely on the same “fire, water, forest, etc.” themes and instead are made to be believable places like the sand shop or snowpeak ruins.

Either way, WW just needed another dungeon in general so any of them would work for me.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'd like to see an island with sort of a tropical feel with some old jungle ruins as a dungeon. Maybe it could also have no ceiling, so that you can see the sky. I'm sorta thinking like the ruins from the Jungle Book, that'd be nice!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I really think that dungeons should move past such banal themes as fire/water/earth/air. Just seeing the same themes over and over isn't interesting. It reached a point (barring Breath of the Wild) where I'd play a Zelda game and think, 'Okay, here's the forest temple,' upon just setting foot in the area around the temple.

I'd rather that dungeons focus on slightly more out there themes. Perhaps a dungeon focusing on entropy, a crumbling ruin that falls apart and actively tries to consume you as you venture through it. Perhaps a dungeon centered on stagnation, where the dungeon takes on the form of someone's memories; full of still images of people trapped halfway through their next action, looping endlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom