• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 434!

Would you like to see more members of the royal family in future games?

• Yes, give me the entire royal family please!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Maybe a mix of some of them

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Only the King

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Only the Queen

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Only siblings to Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only other types of relatives

• Nah! Keep it Zelda only

• I don't care

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Would you like to see Link have a different characterization sterotype? To this day it's mostly been "The slightly reluctant hero, who is a bit lazy at times and loves to sleep, but is always very courageous when it comes down to it".

Third Place: Drawn between ""Overly Confident Hero"", ""Shy, Nerdy Hero"", ""Very Serious Hero"", ""Sarcastic/Sassy Hero"" and ""Intellegent and Clever Hero"" (6.7% each)
Second Place: "Other Type of Hero" (13.3%)
First Place: No, keep the same one (53.3%)

Very mixed results! Mostly 1 vote for each option, except one that got 0 and one that got 2. However, the winner with over half the votes was to keep Link the way he is.

This week's question: We usually only see Zelda from the royal family. Sometimes there's a king (WW, MC, BotW), but mostly only Zelda. Would you like to see more members of the royal family in future games?

Yes, give me the entire royal family please!
Maybe a mix of some of them
Only the King
Only the Queen
Only siblings to Zelda
Only other types of relatives
Nah! Keep it Zelda only
I don't care

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
It’s not that I specifically want only the king, but I want the king (or queen for that matter) to be a standard part of the family.

It makes no sense for Zelda, a Princess, to be the governing power in hyrule. If she were Queen Zelda sure, but a Princess being in charge is stupid. It’s especially bad in TP, where it’s absolutely confirmed that she’s the monarch (at least in ST there’s also a chancellor, and other games never say there’s not a king).

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I honestly don't care about any of the royals apart from Zelda, since Nintendo doesn't seem to care about giving depth or meaningful backstory to most of their characters anyway. If Zelda is memorable and has a good personality and place in the story, that's all that matters to me.

I said just the King, but I think it could/should be King and Queen. Especially because with Zelda being a princess, it makes little to no sense to have zero Matriarchs.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I think it would be interesting to explore the relationship between the queen (Zelda's mother) and Impa. Impa is Zelda's nurse in some games, no?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'd like to see different mixes in future games. Sometimes it could be the whole family, sometimes only Zelda and sometimes she could just have a sibling and so on. It could be very interesting story-wise

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don’t really care whether or not other royals appear in any games in the future. If they do then I hope they integrate them into the story in an interesting or compelling way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom