• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 427!

In OoT, which dungeon makes the least sense to you? World wise

• Inside the Great Deku Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodongo's Cavern

• Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Forest Temple

• Fire Temple

• Water Temple

• Ice Cavern/Bottom of the Well

• Shadow Temple

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Spirit Temple

• Ganon's Castle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Would you like to see the return of Kaepora Gaebora or Owl in a new game?

Third Place: Yes, either of them! (14.3%)
Second Place: I wouldn't mind (28.6%)
First Place: No thanks (50.0%)

Exactly half of the voters are done with Owl-guides in Zelda! For the rest it's a mix of wanting them, or just being ok with whatever.

This week's question: In OoT, which dungeon makes the least sense to you? World wise

Inside the Great Deku Tree
Dodongo's Cavern
Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly
Forest Temple
Fire Temple
Water Temple
Ice Cavern/Bottom of the Well
Shadow Temple
Spirit Temple
Ganon's Castle

Inside Jabu-Jabu's belly. I know that the idea is for it to be fantastical. Link is still young and the creatures of the world are big and scary and intimidating and fascinating and it makes sense thematically for this dungeon to exist in the way that it does...

But dammit, Jabu Jabu is not that big! They should have made him much bigger if they were going to stuff a dungeon inside of him.

There may have been hardware limitations, and if there were than I can understand and respect that, but the size disparity has always really bugged me.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Jabu-Jabu's Belly. No way some fish god has a digestive system that large and convoluted. I'm just glad you're teleported out instead of having to use the exit.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Feels weird to pick what has been overwhelmingly the only choice up to this point, but, here I am, also picking Jabu-Jabu's Belly. For the most part the other choices make sense within the world, the only ones that don't for me are Ice Cavern/Bottom of the Well and Jabu-Jabu, but Jabu-Jabu has the edge for being more unnatural (within the context of the world).

Since Jabu Jabu has already been covered, I'll go with the Bottom of the Well. Why, oh why would you have an old rusty torture dungeon filled with rotting stinking corpses under your town and then fill it with your very water supply!

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I voted for Jabu-Jabu, but I don’t want to beat a dead horse, so I’ll bring up another one.

Why is Dodongos cavern blocked off? Why did Ganondorf think that a giant boulder would work? Gorons eat rock! That brings up another question, why didn’t the gorons eat it?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
All other dungesneden at least can be explained onebway or the other but Jabu-Jabu makes no sense at all. And most reasons are already covered by other members. Unless Jabu-Jabu was a Tardis. Bigger on the inside

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Why is Dodongos cavern blocked off? Why did Ganondorf think that a giant boulder would work? Gorons eat rock! That brings up another question, why didn’t the gorons eat it?

The Gorons are very picky eaters. Only the best rock sirloin will do! Perhaps that boulder is disgusting to them?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
The Gorons are very picky eaters. Only the best rock sirloin will do! Perhaps that boulder is disgusting to them?
I’m pretty sure the Gorons purposely put the rock there to keep out the monsters brought by Ganon. I may be wrong, though.

I'm going to have to say Lord Jabu-Jabu(or as my maw maw used to say, jubajuba). I mean, the outside to inside proportions are off. You have a baby whale and the inside looks like that of an older whale, like late adolescent/early adult.

The Deku Tree comes in at a close second but I have to cut it some slack because of the fact that you can't walk around the entire thing to get an accurate idea how big/old it is.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I ended up picking Jabu Jabu too, his anatomy is odd, and why is his stomach depicted as a dungeon on a map and even features a compass? Who put treasure chests and the boomerang inside him? How is it so well lit inside him? How is he even alive at the time with all those holes in what I assume is his stomach or intestines, he should be nearly dying, not simply sick. Later on they say he has returned to full health but when you go back inside him those holes are still there.

I guess they got it wrong, afterall, he isn't there 7 years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom