• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 425!

In BotW, did you like that you could tame any horse, or would you rather have seen 1 specific one?

• Any wild horse is the best!

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Just 1 specific one would be great!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Maybe not all horses, but at least have a few different options

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No horse!

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: If you could improve something about ALttP, what would you pick?

Third Place: Story/Lore (16.7%)
Second Place: Game Design (25.0%)
First Place: Graphics (33.3%)

Seems that what most people here want is a graphical update! There are still some who would like to see an improvement ot the Game Design the most, and 2 persons wants better Story/Lore the most. Well, we did get ALBW, so everybody is happy?

This week's question: In BotW, did you like the fact that you could tame any wild horse, or would you rather have seen 1 specific horse that you could get (to make it more of a part of the story)?

Any wild horse is the best!
Just 1 specific one would be great!
Maybe not all horses, but at least have a few different options
Don't care
No horse!

I enjoyed having an entire stable at my disposal, that was really fun. Honestly I seem to be like, the only person I know or talk to who actually enjoyed the horses in BotW. The biggest downfall was not being able to call one from anywhere. That made most people view them as simply not worth the time or effort.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I enjoyed being able to tame any wild horse. It helped towards the freedom presented within the game, and it definitely would've felt restrictive if that wasn't the case.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I don’t think horses have ever been done well in Zelda, and I’d rather they didn’t return again.

there are just so many different unique methods of travel that we could use, we’ve seen birds, boats, tornados, and even trains. After all of that going back to a simple horse is kinda lame.

This isn’t even mentioned the fact that horses have yet to be implemented in a way that controls well or doesn’t have better alternative methods. I’ll give BotW that horses are by far the best they’ve been, and I guess being able to tame more than one is a nice touch, but I never used them because they just ended up being ditched at the first 3 inch drop I came across because the refused to move.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh when I got the heck out of catching a horse and tame it I was busy for hours. There are actually 2 horses I wish we could use all the time. The skeleton horse and the lord of the mountain. That would've been neat :D

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I never really liked the horses as they felt very unnecessary. When I'm adventuring in BotW I don't really follow the road, but I climb and glide and take weird little paths that the horses can't go on. And if you need to get somewhere quickly, the warping is much faster. However, if there had been one special horse (not saying it must be Epona, but something like her) that was a part of the story, hell even as an extremely optional sidequest, with maybe a cutscene or two, then I'd probably care for it more.
Also, like some of you mentioned, you need to be able to call for it anywhere, not just when you're near it. Well, perhaps not everywhere, but most places. It'd be stupid and weird to be able to call it on Death Mountain, or up in the Hebra Region, or on random little islands.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I absolutely loved the horses, it took me some time to realize I could register a horse and rode around with a wild horse that would frequently roam away when I got off it. I didn't care and still put in way more effort than necessary to keep track of the horse.

I like the ability to choose between tons of wild horses because it made my horse more personal. It wasn't assigned to me, I made the decision to select that horse. This is definitely a feature I hope to see stick around for the future when applicable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom