• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 423!

What common item would you most like to see make a return with BoTW 2, or the next game after that?

• Hookshot

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Hammer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Instrument

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Mirror Shield

• Gauntlets or Bracelets

• Pegasus Boots

• Boomerang

• Roc's Feather or Cape

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Bottles

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Who is your favorite non-traditional shopkeeper from MM?

Third Place: The Curiosity Shop Man (12.5%)
Second Place: Zubora & Gabora (25.0%)
First Place: Tingle (62.5%)

To no ones surprise, Tingle takes first place in this poll! But a bit more surprisingly, Zubora & Gabora comes in second place (with a total on 2 votes, one of which was my own). And one little vote for the Curiosity Shop Man that gives him the bronze

This week's question: What common item would you most like to see make a return with BoTW 2, or the next game after that, in case items still doesn't fit the game?

Hookshot
Hammer
Instrument
Mirror Shield
Gauntlets or Bracelets
Pegasus Boots
Boomerang
Roc's Feather or Cape
Bottles
Other

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I was going to say Pegasus Boots because anything that improves movement speed is the kind of thing I usually gravitate towards in games, but then I saw Roc's Feather/Cape and thought 'Gosh, that'd be handy for making climbing easier and faster, wouldn't it.'

So I went with that.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
All of the above if I could. I find it absolutely crazy that there were so few unique items like that in BotW.

That being said it’s tough. I’d say hammer but that would probably just be relegated to yet another tier of dime-a-dozen throwaway items that I have no incentive to obtain (boomerangs already were items in BotW and they got this treatment). Also I’d almost went with roc’s feather but we can already jump in BotW, and an extended jump would just be another revali’s gale.

Pegasus boots would be great because they haven’t been in a 3D game yet and BotW link runs incredibly slow for some reason, but I’m not sure how it could be implemented well into gameplay.

Honestly I missed bottles a lot less than I expected, the only real reason I’d say bring them back is to limit the amount of healing items you can have so the game can become at least slightly less of a pushover to beat.

The hookshot is an item that was sorely missing from BotW, and it would’ve made the game a lot less annoying to traverse.

An instrument would be nice, but it would have to be implemented well. TBH the only time instruments have been done well are the N64 titles, and even then they were mostly used for warping/scripted events. If an instrument were to come back it would need to be used in a way that felt like each song was optional, yet helpful.

But I went with the mirror shield. Like the instruments, I think the mirror shield has been very underutilized. However I give the shield the edge because I love to see the cool designs in each game.

in the end, I just wanna see normal items come back in general. They’re the main reason why BotW didn’t feel like a Zelda game to me and instead felt like every other open world game on the market. I love gaining new abilities and powers that make me feel like link is growing stronger. I want to be able to constantly do new feats and actions, not just look at some numbers on a slightly different looking version of the same type of gear I’ve had the entire game.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
If the Champion powers got removed altogether, then I could see a real use for the Hookshot/Clawshots in such an open Hyrule. Zipping from one place to another would feel a heck of a lot snappier than waiting for Revali's Gale to lift you up and let you glide down, imo. To me, it's just a more enjoyable method of traversal. Especially in games like SS and TP with the clawshots, it felt so smooth to move from one point to another with something like gyro aiming to help you aim properly.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I went with Roc's Feather/Cape, since I feel like BotW's overworld (and thus, BotW 2) could make it fit and take advantage of it.

Bottles. The endless healing of BotW has to go. Bottles were a way to measure and mitigate challenge, and they also felt like legitimate progressions in character strength. But they also need to bring back real dungeons for it to work.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Purely for aesthetical reasons I went with boomerang. I feel like it would suit the BOTW style/vibe and world well, so I'd love to see Link knocking out some mobs with the trusty ol' boomerang, BOTW style. That and a bit of Aussie bias sprinkled in perhaps...

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
As a person who grew up with OoT, I really like it when there's an instrument in the game. A well implemented one I mean (looking at you, Skyward Sword :dry:). It really makes you care more about the music in the game and it also gives you a lot of little abilities that can be useful or necessary

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom