• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 413!

Which of the games has your favorite Title Screen music? (Part 2)

• AoL

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • LA

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • MM

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • OoA

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • MC

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • TP

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • ST

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • ALBW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which of the games has your favorite Title Screen music? (Part 1)

Third Place: Draw between "LoZ" and "PH" (7.1% each)
Second Place: WW (35.7%)
First Place: OoT (50.0%)

Not entirely surprisingly to me, OoT has the most votes and wins the first batch! Such a great tune! But WW isn't far behind, and that one is great too!

This week's question: Which of the games has your favorite Title Screen music? (Part 2)

AoL
LA
MM
OoA
MC
TP
ST
ALBW

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
MM without a doubt. it’s so awesome and so fitting for the game.

despite the fact that TP is my favorite game in the series, it has my least favorite title screen music of the whole series

Ouch, LA and TP.

I'm going to have to go with Link's Awakening. I got it roughly when it came out on the GB. I remember sitting by Marin and listening to her sing the Ballad of the Windfish. Though I did fight cancer 13 years ago, and messed my hearing up(I was told not to listen to music too loud but did it anyway, I was a dumb teen that thought he knew better), which made it hard for me to enjoy the classic. Now with the remake, I'm loving it even more, the song.

All-in-all, I to this day, love
1. The soundtrack, especially Marin's "Ballad of the Windfish" was fun to listen to. Though, I enjoy the 8-bit version over the remakes orchestrated music. I'm just glad they didn't do that with Marin, cried tear of joy listening to her when I got the remake, literally.
2. The story behind the adventure on Koholent was good, some can argue that "It didn't have an opening dialog" which I agree, but, I feel like the opening scene gave a bit of an idea.
3. I enjoyed the dungeons. Looking back on them now, I think I like going through them a bit more than the other games on this list. Yes, MM, TP, MC, and to a degree AoL, had great dungeons, For me, LA was the first game to my knowledge, that really stood out for its time, Yes ALttP was better, but, that was because of the GBs limitations.
4. The puzzles also kept me thinking. even in the remake, I had to stop and think. Yes, I should've had it all memorized, and for the most part I did. But, there was a gap between my last GB play through and the remake. So, not everything was on par. But it was still fun going back through relearning the puzzles.
5. The secrets are fun to find.

Only thing that bugs me with the remake is that Big N took away the pictures and replaced it with the Dungeon Maker. I found the Dungeon Maker kind of interesting, but, I feel like they could have added that and still left the pictures in the game to find.

Speaking of the Dungeon Maker, Yeah, I agree, it was underwhelming. Like they could have done more with it. Add unique rooms, allow the player to choose what each extra chest has, while locking keys in the ones that require keys among a few other things that I can't think of right off of my mind.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Ouch, LA and TP.

I'm going to have to go with Link's Awakening. I got it roughly when it came out on the GB. I remember sitting by Marin and listening to her sing the Ballad of the Windfish. Though I did fight cancer 13 years ago, and messed my hearing up(I was told not to listen to music too loud but did it anyway, I was a dumb teen that thought he knew better), which made it hard for me to enjoy the classic. Now with the remake, I'm loving it even more, the song.

All-in-all, I to this day, love
1. The soundtrack, especially Marin's "Ballad of the Windfish" was fun to listen to. Though, I enjoy the 8-bit version over the remakes orchestrated music. I'm just glad they didn't do that with Marin, cried tear of joy listening to her when I got the remake, literally.
2. The story behind the adventure on Koholent was good, some can argue that "It didn't have an opening dialog" which I agree, but, I feel like the opening scene gave a bit of an idea.
3. I enjoyed the dungeons. Looking back on them now, I think I like going through them a bit more than the other games on this list. Yes, MM, TP, MC, and to a degree AoL, had great dungeons, For me, LA was the first game to my knowledge, that really stood out for its time, Yes ALttP was better, but, that was because of the GBs limitations.
4. The puzzles also kept me thinking. even in the remake, I had to stop and think. Yes, I should've had it all memorized, and for the most part I did. But, there was a gap between my last GB play through and the remake. So, not everything was on par. But it was still fun going back through relearning the puzzles.
5. The secrets are fun to find.

Only thing that bugs me with the remake is that Big N took away the pictures and replaced it with the Dungeon Maker. I found the Dungeon Maker kind of interesting, but, I feel like they could have added that and still left the pictures in the game to find.

Speaking of the Dungeon Maker, Yeah, I agree, it was underwhelming. Like they could have done more with it. Add unique rooms, allow the player to choose what each extra chest has, while locking keys in the ones that require keys among a few other things that I can't think of right off of my mind.
the poll is only about the title screen music, lol

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Majoras mask no contest. LA and AoL had some good intros too, but MM is easily the best in the series. It seems so happy, like it’s just another Zelda game, and then it slowly gets darker and more corrupted, only for an intense finale to wrap things up. Sends chills every time.

Is there going to be a part 3 with OoT and this weeks winner?

the poll is only about the title screen music, lol
Well, Links Awakening/Link's Awakening DX still gets my approval. With how it pans along and still gives the eerie feeling from the ship as sea on a late stormy night, flows into the slow tune during the scene where Marin finds Link on the beach unconscious, followed by it flowing even further into the original theme as the screen pans up to see the egg.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Tough one. I really like TP's title music, it has an enchanting vibe, and the way it builds gave me chills when I first heard it.

I have to go with Majora's Mask though because it way more impressionable in building atmosphere. The light hearted Clock Town theme plays as we see Link chilling around different areas of Termina, you're left think, aw, this is very light hearted! Wrong, so wrong! Suddenly the music distorts into Skull Kid's theme, played very sinisterly as we see a pan up towards the Moon, and then you know this game isn't going to be happy-go-lucky at all.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Even though ST is one of my least fav games it does have my fav fairy Ciela but also my fav title music. So for this one ST has my vote

Edit: ciela is in PH of course. Spirit Zelda is one of my fav sidekicks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom