• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 411!

Which Zelda-game has your favorite design of the Mirror Shield?

• ALttP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA

• OoT

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • MM

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • OoS/OoA

• WW

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • MC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: When it comes to story-telling in TLoZ, what do you prefer?

Third Place: Heavily story based (18.8%)
Second Place: Some Story (31.3%)
First Place: A good, decent amount of story (50.0%)

A good, decent amount of story won again! But this time with a little bit less votes, at 50% instead of 60%. May BotW have something to do with that it's slightly less popular?

This week's question: Which Zelda-game has your favorite design of the Mirror Shield?

ALttP
LA
OoT
MM
OoS/OoA
WW
MC

As much as I love WW's mirror shield and how it matches the Master Sword and how it has that glint of light as Link arms himself, my vote has to go to MM's mirror shield.

I just love how unnecessarily creepy it is.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The Majoras Mask shield matches the rest of the game perfectly, and it’s also somehow connected to the HMS seeing as one of the masks on his pack looks identical to it,

a close second goes to the WW design just because of how well it matches

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Seems people are liking the MM design a lot. I just think it's creepy! XD

I think I love the OoT one the most, with WW close behind.
Also, it didn't occur to me how long it's actually been since we had a Mirror Shield in a game, the last time being as an optional side quest item from Minish Cap. Bring back the mirror shield!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I definitely have to go with Majora's Mask. I don't find most other mirror shield designs to be particularly memorable, but the one from MM certainly is. The face is creepy, but in a good way as it fits the overall vibe of the game, and I love how the face image is projected whenever the player reflects light using the shield.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I have to go with the MM mirror shield. I feel like the design is memorable and also ties into the rest of the game very well.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I like the Majora's Mask Mirror shield, but The Wind Waker's gets my vote here, and the reason why is simple: it's blue border works better with Link's Green tunic than the red bordered Ocarina of Time version. I would pick Ocarina of Time's Mirror Shield but imo it's red border only looks good if it's paired with the Goron or Zora tunic. It looks weird to me if it's equipped while Link is wearing the Kokiri Tunic for some reason. Now, I could imagine the Mirror Shield in Ocarina of Time having a blue border and it'd work with all of the tunics in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom