• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 407!

What feature from Zelda 2: Adventure of Link would you like to see return in a future game?

• Leveling

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Sidescrolling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Difficulty

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • The Battle-Spawn System (That you go into a battle mode after touching an enemy)

• The Magic System

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Other

• None

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What is your favorite incarnation/version of Beedle?

Third Place: Draw between "Helmed Beedle from WW" and "Beedle from BotW" (16.7% each)
Second Place: Beedle from SS (22.2%)
First Place: Beedle from WW (38.9%)

Wind Waker Beedle is the most beloved one! Both versions from WW are in the top 3! The SS one takes second place, with a bit of dislikes due to him dropping you out the shop if you don't buy anything (which I found hilarious). BotW Beedle also made top 3 in the third place draw. Other than that, there was only one extra vote, and that was for the "None, I hate him!" option XD

This week's question: What feature from Zelda 2: Adventure of Link would you like to see return in a future game?

Leveling
Sidescrolling
The Difficulty
The Battle-Spawn System (That you go into a battle mode after touching an enemy)
The Magic System
Other
None

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Adventure of Link is my favourite NES game and what I personally think to be underrated. Sure, some of its mechanics didn't work for Zelda, but there are some - the spell system in particular - that I would like to see brought back sometime. I think a full fledged, Zelda RPG would work really well, complete with the spell system and sure bring back leveling too.

It was tough, but I chose difficulty since it's something that all Zelda games have been seriously lacking in. Not to mention, we are long overdue for a new sidescroller anyway, so the rest of AoL's mechanics can be reserved specifically for a sequel.

MW7

Of the listed options, magic is my choice and difficulty would be a distant second. Magic has always been a part of the series to varying degrees, but I think Adventure of Link has a good system. Later games focus on magical items to a greater extent than magical spells like Adventure of Link, and I think either way is fine. The champion abilities in Breath of the Wild and three magic abilities in Ocarina of Time are close to the same idea. Every Zelda game seems to have something similar, but Adventure of Link might have the most magic abilities of any. I also considered voting "other" and saying learned sword techniques. Twilight Princess had a more developed sword technique system which I liked a lot.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Myself, I wouldn't really like to see any of them.
I've played AoL a little bit, but it's too difficult for me, so I'm not really fond of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom