• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 405!

What is the most worthless item in Twilight Princess?

• Slingshot

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Bombling

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Dominion Rod

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Spinner

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Gale Boomerang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Out of them all, the Slingshot gets replaced by the bow, fairly early, which can do literally all the same things it can do but with the added bonus of damaging foes, Spinner and Dominion Rod while niche things actually are used for some Heart Containers and Gale Boomerang is a fair bit of fun to screw with foes cuz you can just gale bombs into them.

Bomblings i'd say are fairly handy in that they are similar to bombchus but more, limited.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Going to go with the majority here: Bomblings. I never ended up using them, I never even bought them when the option to at Barnes became available. This considered, I don't even remember what they do, lol. They are just Bombs with legs, I assume they walk to a target?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Going to go with the majority here: Bomblings. I never ended up using them, I never even bought them when the option to at Barnes became available. This considered, I don't even remember what they do, lol. They are just Bombs with legs, I assume they walk to a target?

Pretty much, i had a tendency to combo them with Gale Boomerang for some fun.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Almost every item in TP was completely worthless. It’s incredibly different to narrow it down to one item. It’s honestly a tie between the spinner and the dominion rod, but at least the spinner was kinda fun to use. So I’m gonna have to say the rod.

I’m actually going to defend the bomblings, ball and chain, and hawkeye. Sure the amount of places they were required were slim to none, but they were still helpful. The ball and chain has the highest damage output in the game, the hawkeye is really useful in the hidden village, and the bombling still had almost every application regular bombs had and then some. The rod had 2 uses in the entire game and they both were unnecessary and annoying.
It is beautiful after all :rosa: (Inb4 Az).

I feel left out

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
For me it's the Dominion Rod. Just the fact that it's only used in the dungeon where you find it and then one more time just to move the owl statues. That's the big deal here: You can only move the statues, they don't do anything else than move. It would have worked better if it was not a permanent item that you only used in the dungeon, and the actual dungeon item was something else

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Bomblings for sure, I don't think I've ever bought these. There's never an instance where using a bombling is more effective than just walking yourself/throwing a bomb. It felt like half the reason this was made an item was because they're in the dungeon and the water bombs were enemies in the water dungeon too, so might as well make both items.

Also, who doesn't like the ball and chain?? It absolutely obliterates Stalfos and ReDeads, and most places where a bomb is required, the Ball and Chain does the job without wasting your inventory. This was problem the item I used most in the Cave of Ordeals.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As far as required items go, it's a toss-up between the Dominion Rod and the Spinner. Both are barely used outside of their respective dungeons, but the Spinner is used to get some heart pieces and for one spot in the Temple of Time and Hyrule Castle. The Dominion Rod, on the other hand, has an entire questline surrounding it. So it's difficult.

The Ball & Chain is far from useless. It works incredibly against ReDeads and Skulltulas, and is fantastic in the room in the Cave of Ordeals with freezards and chillfos.

However, I think the most useless item overall is Bomblings. They are not required, and to be honest, there is no reason to ever buy them from Barnes. You have far less control than you do with regular bombs and they are so expensive. The only place in the entire game where they are useful is in the Forest Temple, where they're just enemies and not even an item. In no scenario would I ever choose to use Bomblings over regular bombs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom