• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 400!

Why did you join ZeldaDungeon?

• For my love of the TLoZ-franchise

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • I wanted to join a TLoZ-community

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • To discuss a specific game (new upcomming or older)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Someone else wanted me to join

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I don't know/remember

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For the Mafia-games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other reason

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
It's the 400th poll! I've been doing these polls since 2012, and I've probably repeated some of them at some points since I can't remember all in my head. It's gotten really difficult to come up with new questions, but I'll keep on trying. Having the "Retro Poll" every 10 weeks helps a little XD. Now that we've reached 400, I'm gonna update the format a tiny bit. Each week I'll also comment on last weeks result, starting now! Thank you all for participating in my polls and stuff!

Last week's Question: What is your favorite main "Overworld Area"?

Third Place: Termina Field (MM) (15.0%)
Second Place: Hyrule Field (OoT) (20.0%)
First Place: The Great Sea (TWW) (55.0%)

The Great Sea won by a landslide! I must agree it is a pretty great overworld, it was my second choice after OoT, which I mainly chose for nostalgic purposes. But OoT's Hyrule Field did place second, which I am happy to see! And in third we've got Termina Field, which is also cool, but just a tad bit too small and compact for my taste. I will also give Hyrule Field from TP an honorable mention, as it was the only other option from the poll that recieved any votes as all, but not more than any of the top 3.

This week's question: Why did you join ZeldaDungeon?

For my love of the TLoZ-franchise
I wanted to join a TLoZ-community
To discuss a specific game (new upcomming or older)
Someone else wanted me to join
I don't know/remember
For the Mafia-games
Other reason

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Breath of the Wild changed my life. It rekindled my love for video games, and for Zelda in particular, something I thought would never happen again.

Being all of a sudden so heavily invested in Zelda again, it was natural for me to sooner or later feel the need to join a community. I was on Zelda Universe earlier, but since that site didn't leave the best impression on me, I went to 'that other site', haha.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
skyward sword had come out and I guess I was in a zelda fever during 2011 to 2012; the games, the theories, I even role played w/ some online friends as zelda villains at that time (I was Agahnim)
I know I was definitely using the zelda dungeon guides, and I guess for whatever reason I hopped on board, this was the first time I ever joined forums

I'm torn between the first two. I do love the LoZ series and wanted to nerd out about it since I have no real life friends who are into the series, I also wanted to learn about what other people thought.

I figured it'd be nice to be a part of a community since ZD is my first and only online community I'm part of, but I didn't know who I was going to meet, so my love of the series is what I'll choose as my choice as to why I joined in the first place.

I want to say I remember why I joined, so I voted "I wanted to join a Zelda community." But truth be told, I can't remember the full reason I chose to join ZD over the other sites that were around.

I think I found ZD through its walkthroughs--which dominated image results for a lot of Phantom Hourglass-related things at the time... which I had a weird journey as a Zelda fan and I was kind of obsessed with PH back then. I joined ZU in April 2009, and had a bad experience there (nothing personal, but it was definitely too big for a first online community, and I had no idea how to interact with people), and I was an easy target for the mods in my naivete. I came here after that. I want to think part of the reason I chose ZD was that the site layout was really nice and inviting, and that its forum used vB3 like ZU did so I didn't have to refamiliarize myself with another interface.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I went with other reason.

I found this site when I needed a guide for Wind Waker in 2010 and after beating it I noticed the articles on the main page. The months of watching videos and reading articles I got to know the community leaders, so after hearing them mention the forum a lot I got curious. When I joined it was when you had to have 100 posts to find the Shoutbox so I didn't get to know people on here for a while, it took Mases having a thread making contest for me to find it. After getting to know people in the SB is what made me stick around so I am glad it's changed from the 100 post limit.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh boy that was 10 years ago already. If I recall it correctly it was the result of searching for a walkthrough. I got stuck in either WW or OoT and searched for something. I don't remember what I searched but I do know I ended up on this site and kept on returning. It was in jan 2010 I decided to join. But I followed this site already halfway 2009

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I usually meme hilarious scenarios why I joined in the "how I found ZD" thread, and will continue to do so there because I've always done it for many years. For this thread, though: I found the site in 2007 when I was looking for a Zelda I guide, because I had it on the Zelda Collector's Edition and it was my first time getting to play it. I used to comment in replies to articles and stuff back then, and eventually made a Forum account in 2010, I never used that account though amd forgot the login info for it after time. Then I made another account in 2011 and was on the same track to not do anything with it, but I knew The Blue Reptile from the comments section on the frontpage and he convinced me that the Forum community was the place to be for Zelda discussion at that time. So I got active, and almost a decade later I'm still here.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I joined because I love Zelda games, and I wanted to have friends that share that. I am definitely glad a decided to join, because you guys have changed my life. Since I am homeschooled, I don’t have many friends, but the ones I do have are very close. You are some of my friends I love. ZD I the best forum ever, it has a close community of people who are so nice and caring of others.

Tloz is one of the best game series ever, and I am glad I’m here to say that. Love you guys! <3

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
The other online forums I was using at the time we're slowly dying (and now the entire site is gone), and I wanted a more active online community. I like Zelda, so it seemed like a pretty easy choice to make.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I joined ZD and ZU on the same day because I wanted to make some online friends and really get involved with the zelda community. ZD has always felt much more close knit than ZU so here I stay over four years later. Times certainly change.

>no one voted for mafia
In due time I'm sure lest it be proof mafia players don't actually contribute to the forum. I tease of course but sometimes I wonder. :P

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I joined back after I first learned about the Zelda timeline. The timeline interested me and, at the time I had played only about 4 or so Zelda games, and I stumbled upon ZD when doing a brief late night search. For the life of me, I can't remember what compelled me to create a profile and start posting, but I'm certainly glad I did. I've met a lot of great people and can't believe it's already been almost 7 1/2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom