• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 392!

Would you like to see another Zelda where you travel around by boat?

• Yes! An even Greater Sea!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Sure, but maybe just a big lake

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Not really, but wouldn't complain too much about it

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No! NO BOATS!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Would you like to see a Zelda-game where we actaully get to see more of the Sacred Realm in its "good" form(other than the Chamber of Sages)?

Third Place: Maybe (12.5%)
Second Place: Sure (25.0%)
First Place: Yes! Great idea! (62.5%)

This week's question: We've had 2 Zelda-games where you mainly travel around by boat. Would you like to see that again in some way?

Yes! An even Greater Sea!
Sure, but maybe just a big lake
Maybe
Not really, but wouldn't complain too much about it
No! NO BOATS!
Don't Care

I would love if it it were a bigger world with larger islands or like continents or something, like a great sea but with lots of populated islands or islands full or ruins or just interesting stuff to explore. As long as it's TWW style sailing and the ocean isn't empty or tedious to navigate I think it'd make for a great game.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I enjoyed WW but they kinda botched it with PH with the way the boat travels, gave no real freedom to do as you pleased, couldn't change direction on a whim had to consult the map for it, couldn't just randomly decide "lets go here instead" had to chart it, it was somewhat immersion killing especially in the final parts of the game like.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
As I have said elsewhere, the great sea is the most “Zelda” Zelda has ever been. So naturally I think it would be great if we returned, bigger than ever. I think phantom hourglass gets too much flack for its overworld. Sure it wasn’t as good by any means, but I think the main focus of it still stands. I also think planning out your course was a pretty neat feature, I wouldn’t complain about that returning as long as it was secondary to normal control.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'd like to see it as a smaller part (smaller than WW or PH that is) of a game, and not just a raft, but an actual boat with specific controls. Maybe a Zelda-game that takes place on 2 continents/big islands and you'd have to travel with a boat between them from time to time, that'd be neat!

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I'd be quite happy with a Zelda overworld that was like Assassin's Creed Odyssey. A really big continent but also a sea littered with big islands. You get a lot of land to explore and the world is small enough that if you don't like sailing you don't have to dwell on it, but if you do like it there's lots of room to indulge in it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Not particularly. Wind Waker used the Great Sea to help mask loading screens. Unfortunately, this also resulted in it being incredibly empty. I'd rather have a denser world with less pointing a ship in one direction and letting the game play itself.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I think it'd be cool to return to the Great Sea, but with more of a focus on larger islands. And a world that's not a grid, one with more dynamic structure. I do think it'd be fun though, while sailing could be tedious in WW, it was great going somewhere and passing islands that often had something that'd catch your eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom