• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 390!

Who is your favorite sub-villain?

• Agahnim (ALttP)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Vaati (FSA)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Zant (TP)

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Cole (ST)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghirahim (SS)

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Happy new year! Which race do you think would be the best at making fireworks?

Third Place: Hylians (14.3%)
Second Place: Subrosians (28.6%)
First Place: Gorons (42.9%)

RETRO POLL! We jump back in time to may 2013 and poll 52! Back then I was wondering about your favorite sub-villain/secondary villain. Since then, none has really been added to the series, so I'll keep the same options. Last time Ghirahim got 8 votes, Zant just barely lost out to him with a total of 7, and then we have 2 votes for Vaati, 1 and 1/2 votes for Agahnim and 1/2 a vote for Cole. But lets see how it goes this time! Btw, the reasons some characters aren't on here: Staven (Byrne) wasn't a villain, but rather an anti-hero, Hilda (while having evil intentions) never really do anything evil herself, just plotting, and when it comes to the Oracle-games, I cannot count any of them, since both Onox and Veran are the main villains if you play the games unlinked.

This week's question: Who is your favorite sub-villain?

Agahnim (ALttP)
Vaati (FSA)
Zant (TP)
Cole (ST)
Ghirahim (SS)

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I voted Ghirahim.

The only games I've played is SS and TP.

Ghirahim I was a joke and I'm gonna leave it at that.

But Ghirahim II,III were definitely worth it ♡ I was sweating like I'd been playing Wii sports at those two batters. As a person who is active snd fit I absolutely enjoyed the motion control feature in these two battles as they're really challenging and exhausting.

I also loved Ghirahim's attitude. He's absolutely badass

You'd think it was Cole bc of my username, right? Hah, no.
I'd have to go with either Ghirahim or Zant.
They both were really fun to fight, and slaying Ghirahim is soo satisfying.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I love Zant and Ghirahim. I'll vote for Ghirahim though because he is so fabulous and entertaining and was one of the redeeming points about SS.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Agahnim, but that might be purely nostalgia talking...

Vaati seems more like a major villain than a sub-villain... but even so, I didn't like him too much.

I voted for Zant, but it was a close call with Vaati. For some reason, Zant reminds me of Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender, but that's mainly due to the fact that they both lose their sanity on their final fight.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I voted for Zant. I loved how he went from calm and quiet and mysterious to lunatic in a few seconds. Yes we know Ganondorf was the Puppetmaster and Zant was his puppet but that doesn't make him a lesser villain for me. I also liked Vaati but Zant is more memorable to me.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'm a Vaati fan. I'd like to see more of him, but I doubt we ever will... He's the only exception from Ganondorf to have appeared in multiple games and be the actual end villain in one

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I went Agahnim. He was my first :rosa:

But in all seriousness, when I first played ALttP I was a little baby and I thought Agahnim was the end of the game. I had the Master Sword, I had climbed to the top of the castle, I was about to save the day, right?

When I beat him and he pulled me into the Dark World and I saw that I had a whole new world (♫don't you dare close your eyes♫) to explore with an even bigger adventure ahead of me I was gobsmacked. I always associate Agahnim with that feeling of excitement, of the curtain being pulled back and the full extent of my adventure being revealed to me.

Zant. ****ing Zant.

You want to know why?

Because he does his ****ing job.

He does his job so damn well that people don't see with their ****ing eyes that Zant is unbalanced, don't figure out with ****ing common sense that he is unhinged.

He does his job so well that he managed to score a full ****ing movement in the community for people condemning his scene where he finally snaps.

He convinced people so well that he was gonna be the big bad (despite it being bloody obvious that he sodding wasn't) that when it was revealed he was nucking futs, people went ballistic and shamed the scene and the character to hell.

Here's to you, Zant. Here's to you for playing your role so damn well my boy.

Oh, I'd say there's one guy who solidly counts as a sub-villain in the Oracle games: Vire :P I would also say that Koume and Kotake count as sub-villains in Ocarina of Time.

Vaati's presence on this list kinda bugs me, since he's the main villain in both The Four Swords and The Minish Cap.. But I guess he counts as a sub-villain for the game specifically mentioned.

Normally I'd say Vaati, but as others said, I don't really consider him to be a sub villain since he's largely independent of Ganon and is in more than one game.

That said, my vote goes to Zant. On top of everything Spirit said, let us remember the fact that he has the last laugh against Ganon! That is a feat no other villain has even come close to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom