• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 385!

What is your favorite version of Kakariko Village?

• ALttP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OoT

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • FSA

• TP

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • ALBW

• BotW

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Who got you into Zelda?

Third Place: Draw between Sibling(s) (14.3%)
Second Place: Myself (23.8%)
First Place: Parent(s) (42.9%)

This week's question: What is your favorite version of Kakariko Village?

ALttP
OoT
FSA
TP
ALBW
BotW

This is by far the toughest poll I had to take part in, so many good options. Though, as much as I love Twilight Princess's version of Kakariko Village, the life and among other things are just gone. It's mainly just a place for major plot points and that's it no real side-quests or something I would think would help me feel like this place is more alive.

So that's why I went with Breath of the Wild's Kakariko Village, it's certainly a lively and bustling Village, and there's a sense of culture shock when you enter it as well. With it being inspired by Japanese culture, it's not surprising why that is. As for the side-quests it definitely takes the cake in that department.

Last edited:
Aaaahhh, this is close for me between ALttP.

I spent so much time literally growing up in Kakariko in ALttP. I played that game so much in my early years and Kakariko was my favourite place to go in that game. I'd load up the game sometimes just to hear the music and roam around. The inly other place I spent most time was the cathedral.

But there was this wonderful moment in OoT when I first arrived in Kakariko and all of those ALttP memories came back but were outdone by what I was actually seeing.

Everything felt bigger and more mysterious and more interesting and oh my god that music...

So it's close but I'm going for OoT.

(I didn't like TP's version too much and Botw's was only okay)

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I think Windfall is easily the best Kakariko but since that’s not an option I’ll go with OoT. LttP was a good start, but OoT took what LttP did and expanded upon it. You can even see the progression it made from a small village to a busy(ish) town. It even continued to grow through Windwaker, where it’s not that much of a stretch to call it a small city.

TPs was so stupid though, why was it suddenly western? Before now every Kakariko seemed like a standard modern town but now it’s randomly rock ridge or whatever. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to make it western, especially since there was already another western town in a completely different part of the map.

BotWs made a little more sense, seeing as how ever since OoT it’s been closely connected to the shiekah, a tribe of Asian ninjas, but it’s still quite a big leap from a normal town to Asian village.

I disliked LBWs for the same reason I dislike LBW as a whole. It’s the exact same as LttP’s. What’s the point of trying to explore the town you’ve already explored 100s of times? It’s just kinda boring. I’d still put it higher than TPs though.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have to say Ocarina of Time and it's not even a close competition. Apart from aesthetics where BoTW beats it with its traditional Japanese theme, Ocarina of Time's Kakariko is just better in every other way. It seems like a light happy place on the surface but it hides a sinister past. It's the most intriguing of all the Kakarikos to me because of the bloody history of the Sheikah.

OOT's Kakariko has the most interesting lineup of characters for sure. It's got a cursed family in the house of skultulla who were turned into giant spiders because of their greed. You don't get that in any other Kakariko.

Roaming around are the lazy carpenters who don't seem to be making progress along with their despairing boss who comments on Links good quality wood. His son Grog comes out at night and thinks people are all disgusting including his own mother and father. There is the sexy potion hag, sexiest character in the series with her metapod head and then there is the sweet cucco lady who is allergic to cuccos. Of course there is also the unforgettable Guru Guru, the windmill man who loses his mind because of Link.

Speaking of the windmill. Its theme is the Song of Storms. One of the best themes in the series.

OOT's Kakariko is the only one to feature a Well with a terrifying torture chamber in it.

I will also say the Kakariko graveyard in OOT is the best one of all. It's got the intriguing and slightly creepy gravekeeper Dampe. The place is infested with Poes. It's got graves you can actually pull back and go inside, one of them contains the sun's song. There is even a race with dampe in the adult portion of the game where you get the hookshot. The graveyard also is the way to access the Shadow Temple. The scariest place in the Zelda series.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
For me, it came down to ALttP, OoT and BotW, but in the end, I'll let nostalgia win out and go with OoT's version of Kakariko Village.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom