• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 376!

Would you like to see a game where Link and Ganondorf start out as old childhood friends?

• Yes! Great idea!

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Sure, I wouldn't mind

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No, not really

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • NO! NEVER!

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Link's Awakening Switch is out! Did you get it? Thoughts?

Third Place: Yes, it's ok (13.3%)
Second Place: Yes! It's awesome! (26.7%)
First Place: Haven't gotten it yet (60.0%)

This week's question: Would you like to see a Zelda-game where Link and Ganondorf start out as old childhood friends, but eventually Ganondorf becomes corrupted by Demise's curse and you'll have to fight him?

Yes! Great idea!
Sure, I wouldn't mind
Maybe
No, not really
NO! NEVER!

Last edited:
Last week's Question: Link's Awakening Switch is out! Did you get it? Thoughts?

Third Place: Yes, it's ok (13.3%)
Second Place: Yes! It's awesome! (26.7%)
First Place: Yes! It's awesome! (60.0%)

This week's question: Would you like to see a Zelda-game where Link and Ganondorf start out as old childhood friends, but eventually Ganondorf becomes corrupted by Demise's curse and you'll have to fight him?

Yes! Great idea!
Sure, I wouldn't mind
Maybe
No, not really
NO! NEVER!
2nd place and 1st place is the same option, so who really got first and second place last poll?

I've seen this idea brought up before, especially when BotW Link was first shown because his cuffs looked "Gerudo-y" or something. I'm indifferent to the idea, but it wouldn't be much of a twist since we'd all know what's gonna happen to their friendship later down the road. Showcasing the dynamic of the friendship could be interesting, especially when it comes to how their ideals would inevitably diverge. But this would also require a timeskip type of format to work correctly, and I'm not sure if a concise time change like seen in Ocarina of Time would really showcase that well.

I'd be curious to see how it would work if it did happen, but I'm not really for or against it. Ganondorf being on Link's side in any capacity for any reason would be really trippy, but I wouldn't say it's an absolutely forbidden idea.

Mido

Version 1
It could make for an interesting dynamic, which at its best can follow a style similar to the relationship between Moses and Ramses in Dreamworks's The Prince of Egypt. I think Nintendo would need to take great care in how it paces the story if this were to work, however.

But this would also require a timeskip type of format to work correctly, and I'm not sure if a concise time change like seen in Ocarina of Time would really showcase that well.

I absolutely agree in that I think the series would need to incorporate a slow burn style of storytelling with a subject matter like the one in the OP, granted I cannot say how certain I am as to whether the series can see this work out.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd rather they make a new character to fulfill that role if they are going to have Links childhood friend turn into a villain later on.

Ganondorf was almost certainly born evil being the reincarnation of the Demon King and all so I can't imagine having him as a friend of young Links.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nah not really. I like Ganondorf being mysterious and his background being a mystery. Yes, we know about his background a bit from previous games but I think him and Link being chilkdhood friends ruin the background story of Ganondorf a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom