• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 372!

What is your favorite "Overworld" music? - Part 1

• Original Zelda Music (TLoZ)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Zelda 2 Overworld Theme (LA)

• ALttP Overworld Theme (ALttP)

• Koholint Island Overworld Theme (LA, OoS and OoA as well)

• Hyrule Field (OoT)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Termina Field (MM)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Great Sea (WW)

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which game has the best "Draw the Master Sword"- cutscene?

Third Place: BotW (11.8%)
Second Place: TP (29.4%)
First Place: OoT (47.1%)

This week's question: What is your favorite "Overworld" music? - Part 1

Original Zelda Music (TLoZ)
Zelda 2 Overworld Theme (LA)
ALttP Overworld Theme (ALttP)
Koholint Island Overworld Theme (LA, OoS and OoA as well)
Hyrule Field (OoT)
Termina Field (MM)
The Great Sea (WW)

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Ooh this is a tough one. It’s a real toss up between WW and MM.

I tend to dislike it when the games overworld music is just a variation of the main theme (or worse yet just straight up the main theme) but I think it works with MM. Having the dark undertones throughout the entire piece and the surprise twist at the end perfectly showed off what the game was: something that on the surface seemed like an ordinary Zelda but was very different when you got to the meat of it.
However WWs really drove home the feeling of adventure and exploration that the whole game was oozing with. The rising and falling intro representing the ocean waves (a music technique I am a sucker for) was absolutely perfect.

Ohh I wish I could choose more than one... but I’m gonna have to go with the great sea.

Mido

Version 1
I've got to roll out with the Zelda II theme. It starts out with the familiar echoes of the original theme before exploding onto the scene with its own arsenal of great sounds. Overall, a definite tough choice!

For me it was a tough call between Ocarina of Time's Hyrule Field, and the Great Sea. So I gave the tiebreaker to the one that's inspired a lot of secondary music that I love, and by that I mean other's renditions and people's covers and let's face it... Brentalfloss' and David's wonderful duet, and picked Hyrule Field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom