• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 371!

Which game has the best "Draw the Master Sword"- cutscene?

• ALttP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OoT

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • OoS/OoA

• TWW

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • TP

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • SS

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • ALBW

• BotW

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What is your favorite kind of bomb in the Zelda-series?

Third Place: Bombling (6.7%)
Second Place: Draw between "Normal Bomb", "Water Bomb" and "Powder Keg" (13.3% each)
First Place: Draw between "Bombchu" and "Remore Bomb" (26.7% each)

It seems that the Bombchu stays popular, but because of BotW, the Remote Bomb has gained a lot of popularity! Other than that, it's a pretty even race.

This week's question: Which game has the best "Draw the Master Sword"- cutscene?

ALttP
OoT
OoS/OoA
TWW
TP
SS
ALBW
BotW

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ocarina of Time by far for me. It is such an epic moment when the blue light surrounds link as he draws the sword from its pedestal.

All the following games have only been trying to emulate that but I don't think it will ever be as impactful or live up to its first 3D draw sequence in OOT.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I actually think BotW has the best one, it felt tense while you were actually picking it up, and it felt so rewarding once it finally came out. Unlike before there was no guarantee you were going to get it, which made actually getting it all the more rewarding. And this is the one time in the entire game I think the piano accompaniment worked, that wild piano flourish sends chills down my spine every time.

I tend to fanboy over OoT a fair bit, but I have to admit that I think it has the best retreival scene. Whether it be nostalgia or whatever, even when playing it recently I love the tenseness leading up to it, the blue aura that surrounds the pedestal. The realization too that you skipped so many years and all the negatives you caused too was pretty big.

If I had to pick a second and third just for fun, I'd say TP and probably BotW.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
In SS you'll raise the sword towards the sky after which sacred energy gets imbued in your sword. So that's the best "draw your sword "cut scene .
Secondly your sword's spirit Fi adds to the magnificence of that scene!

I voted for the Wind Waker. I feel like the scene is extremely cinematic, and we actually gain a glimspe into the personality of Link. At the point in time it feels as though he is nearing the end of this long quest, he is finally going to be able to rescue his sister, end the conflict with monsters and return to his life kn Outset. The drawing of the Master Sword feels so important in every game, but in particular I feel it felt like it represented something very dear and personal for Link in WW.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
For me it's the OOT-one, but ALttP is pretty close, since it's the first time we ever see the Master Sword. There is just something about that scene that makes it so iconic, maybe cause you get to see it everytime you travel in time XD

Well you already know my vote, TP.

So... are you voting for it only because it's TP, or do you really think that it's the best Master Sword draw scene?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom