• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 270!

What is your favorite enemy from the deku tree in OOT? (Not counting Gold Skulltulas)

• Deku Scrub

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Big Skulltula

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Deku Baba

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Skullwalltula

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Gohma Larva

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners
Last week's Question: What thing from older Zeldas did you miss the most in BotW?

Third Place: The Items (12.5%)
Second Place: The More Complex Story (18.8%)
First Place: The Dungeons (62.5%)

RETRO POLL! I'll be starting a new thing that will come up every so often, where I will go back to an old poll of mine and redo it to see if the results differ from the first time. So for this first one, we're obviously going back to my first ever Weekly Sunday Poll! All the older polls have lost their actual poll-votes (the ones made before the big forum update a few years back), but I can still count the comments from them. Thanks to AncientPoe for the idea!

This week's question: What is your favorite enemy from the deku tree in OOT? (Not counting Gold Skulltulas)

Deku Scrub
Big Skulltula
Deku Baba
Skullwalltula
Gohma Larva

Last time, Deku Scrub won with 7 votes, Skullwalltula got 1, Big Skulltula got 1 and Gohma Larva got 1 aswell. Let's see if there's a difference!

Ninja

Well well well
I'd have to say Skullwalltula.

First time going through the dungeon I didn't think they would tackle me with NFL precision. Later on, one of my favorite things about this dungeon was to see how far I could snipe those bastards from with the slingshot.

For me it's close between Big Skulltula and Gohma Larvae. However, I give the edge to the Larvae. I do love how huge and creepy the Skulltulas are, but I remember having lots of fun practicing my advanced combat techniques against the Larvae by chilling in that room. I would just practice my backflips, side jumps, jump attacks, and other tactics, plus get used to keeping my eye on more than one foe at once and just generally trying to be aware of my surroundings. In fact, I did the same thing while learning how to play Breath of the Wild while on the great plateau, finding weak enemies to practice "mah skillz" on. So yeah, that's why I like them. They're really good practice, plus my friend used to think it was really exciting to watch me backflip out of the way of an attack only to retaliate with a Jump Attack, he would really geek out over it.

EDIT: Holy neatos, you used my idea! Awesome!

Mido

Version 1
I think the Gohma larvae have the advantage of being distinct foes fitting of the dungeon where they reside, and I initially voted for them before changing my vote to the skullwalltula. There's just something very iconic about them if not a tad frustrating despite being easy to defeat. That first wall to climb is still an image ingrained into my mind after years of playing OOT, and the skullwalltulas are a huge part of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom