• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 263!

Which death do you consider the saddest one in the TLoZ-series?

• Link's Uncle (ALttP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flute Boy (ALttP)

• The Great Deku Tree (OOT)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Mikau (MM)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (TWW)

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Staven (Byrne)(ST)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Impa (SS)

• Other

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners
Last week's Question: Have you ever had any dreams related to the TLoZ-series in any way?

Third Place: Draw between "Yes, but can't remember exactly" and "No" (7.7% each)
Second Place: Maybe, can't remember (23.1%)
First Place: Yes (61.5%)

This week's question: Which death do you consider the saddest one in the TLoZ-series?

Link's Uncle (ALttP)
Flute Boy (ALttP)
The Great Deku Tree (OOT)
Mikau (MM)
King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (TWW)
Staven (Byrne)(ST)
Impa (SS)
Other

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Every time I play The Wind Waker, I find myself getting a bit teary eyed after King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule's death. The way he let himself die and save Link and Tetra, with the sad music in the background, always feels genuinely emotional.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Scuse meh, why is Mipha not an option? :'(

I only picked characters that you actually see die in the game, not ones that are already dead. Otherwise there would be so many more options, for example Darmani, who is already dead when you meet him (his ghost), in contrast to Mikau who you actually see die.

I don't think Link's Uncle actually dies. You can see him alive and well in the end credits.
I always thought he was resurrected somehow, by the triforce or something. I mean, how likely is it that he just passed out and someone found him in the secret tunnel and helped him, or that he woke up and got out by himself and hid away for the rest of the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

funnier6

Courage~
I only picked characters that you actually see die in the game, not ones that are already dead. Otherwise there would be so many more options, for example Darmani, who is already dead when you meet him (his ghost), in contrast to Mikau who you actually see die.

But since Link knew all the champions when they were alive and we have the memories it seems like that doesn't exactly apply.

I get it though.

Mido

Version 1
Tough for me to say. Most of the ones in the list and off I've experienced, but strangely I voted Mikau. I never personally experienced his death since I haven't played enough of MM to get to that part of the game. From what I know about it, it's not only sad, but kind of unsettling on a tragic level. :(

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
But since Link knew all the champions when they were alive and we have the memories it seems like that doesn't exactly apply.

I get it though.

It does apply, since the deaths happened in the past and because we never saw them getting killed. If that was the case, even if through a memory, I would have had them on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom