• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 121!

What are your thoughts on Hyrule Warriors so far?

• It's great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's fine

• It's neither good or bad

• I don't like it

• I hate it!

• I don't have it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners:

Last Weeks Question: What is your favorite non-Hyrule land in the Zelda-series?

Third Place: None (0.00%)
Second Place: Draw between Koholint Island and Holodrum (11.11% each)
First Place: Termina (77.78%)

This week's question: What are your thoughts on Hyrule Warriors so far?

It's great!
It's fine
It's neither good or bad
I don't like it
I hate it!
I don't have it

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I don't even have a Wii U yet. I do plan to pick the game up at some point in the future though that may not happen until Zelda Wii U's release.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I don't have a WiiU yet. Even when I get one, I don't think I will be playing this game. I watched a Let's Play and some streamers playing it, and while what I've seen of the story seems interesting, the gameplay doesn't appeal to me.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I have played it 15 minutes at Gamescom, but I don't have a Wii U myself. I used to be a big Dynasty Warrios fan, but I doubt such games can keep me interested for long these days. Too much mindless button bashing. I really like it that Nintendo tries something new with the franchise, but this just isn't for me.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I haven't been able to play VERY much, but so far I think it's just fine. I've never played a Warriors Game before, so it's a completely new concept to me, but I really like the "taking over bases" mechanic. But goddammit the Death Mountain stage was hard!!!

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
:O I HAD A POST WRITTEN OUT AND IT DIDN'T POST T_____T

Short Version: I think Hyrule Warriors is fine. It's not great. I like it, but the gameplay already is repetitive and there isn't enough noticeable variation to how each character plays. Regardless of their moves, each of them does the exact same thing. You don't switch your strategy to any large degree's, and you don't change your playstyle. There's no science behind how each character plays, which I think is a majorly wasted opportunity that hurts my opinion of the game.
In addition I think that the visual downgrade experienced when playing multiplayer, is also a big downer for this game. It looks so bad it was giving me a headache.
Also the bosses are a big disappoint thus far. They're less interactive then regular 3D Zelda bosses are, each relying on a simple mechanic and then it's button mash to victory. I'm not a huge fan of button mashers, and thus the gameplay as a whole is a little less then satisfying but the bosses do a good job of illustrating how un-zelda this game really is.

That being said, I like the single player's graphics and visuals. It's a beautiful world, the characters and the enemies are crisp and well defined. The stages, while the underlying theme behind each is the same, variate from each other enough for me to call them one of the plus sides of this game. The gameplay, while not optimal is enjoyable and it's fun to try and get 2000 KO's. But yeah, overall I know I had more complaints then compliments but I want to stress I still enjoy the game, I just feel like it should be more then it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom