• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 111!

Would like to see more fishing in future Zelda games?

• Yes! Expand on it and make it important in the game as well!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but keep it as a side thing.

• Don't Care

• Nah, I'm fine

• Never! I hate fishing!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners:

Third Place: Noooooooo! (8.33%)
Second Place: Sure, I wouldn't mind (41.67%)
First Place: Yes, would be awesome! (50.00%)

This week's question: Fishing has been a little "sidequest" thingie in some of the Zelda games. Would like to see more fishing in future Zelda games?

Yes! Expand on it and make it important in the game as well!
Yes, but keep it as a side thing.
Don't Care
Nah, I'm fine
Never! I hate fishing!

D

Deleted member 14134

Keep it as a dish on the side and I'll be happy. Just make sure it's there, the lack of fishing in Skyward Sword was the main reason that game was bad.

I am fine with fishing being excluded from future Zelda games entirely, though it is a fine idea for mini-games or sidequests to break up the game a bit. It cannot be a prominent feature, though.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I really wouldn't care. It's a fun little sideqeust, but it's not one I'd miss if they didn't include it

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Yes, but keep it a side thing. Fishing in Zelda games always feels like something I can do when I want to relax. In both OoT and TP I would go to their respective fishing holes and just relax. I literally would turn the games on just to do that. If fishing becomes a major part of the game, it'll lose that sense of peace. Link can just let go of everything and catch some fish without worrying about a princess or a boss battle or any of that stuff.

MW7

I don't see why fishing can't be a part of a good Zelda game. I do think like all parts of a game it can be done well or not well. I'd prefer to see fishing as optional rather than integral to the game. The reason for this is because I'm still scarred by TP's tutorials. The fishing in the rest of the game was done well, and it was fine to incorporate it into unlocking one of the dungeons. However, the fishing tutorial was probably the least intuitive thing in a Zelda game post-NES era. I wasn't active on any forums at the time, but I did look at several of them and saw just piles of frustration at the fishing tutorial. I mean it's self-explanatory to catch a fish and the fishing controls are great, but why on earth would anyone intuitively think "I have to catch a second one." IIRC I think some people even thought their game was broken. That's easily up there for me among the most frustrating things in a Zelda game. How on earth we received an apology for the fairly logical Water Temple being "difficult" but not one for a genuinely nonsensical mandatory task right at the beginning of a game I will never understand.

So fishing = good, but I am still traumatized by that tutorial.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I would like it to be a bigger part of a game in some way. I mean they have made a small thing from an earlier game into a game theme before (Majora's Mask) and that turned out great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom