• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 101!

In Majora's Mask, which character (out of these) do you think has the saddest story

• Skull Kid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamaro

• The Deku Butler

• Darmani

• Mikau

• Kafei

• Gorman

• The people of Ikana Kingdom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was a tough call for me between the Deku Butler and Mikau, but I went with Mikau. Here's a guy who's got the weight of the world on his shoulders, with everyone looking to him to save the day and put things right. Darmani was in the same situation, but he was a renowned warrior. Mikau just wanted to play the guitar. It's pretty clear he and Lulu had a romantic relationship and it's likely he was the father of Lulu's children, even though he doesn't admit it and they don't seem to have been an official couple. He strikes me as a flawed character unwilling to accept the responsibilities of fatherhood and leadership in general. But when the eggs are stolen Mikau finally does the right thing and steps up to save them and the rest of the Zora, making it all the more tragic when he dies trying.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the subtext Zora Hall is rife with, but those were the impressions I always got. To lose a child as the Deku Butler did must be horrible. But to know your children need your help and to die knowing you couldn't save them seems to me to be worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom