• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Video Walkthroughs or Written Walkthroughs?

Which Walkthrough Do You Use?

• Video Walkthroughs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Written Walkthroughs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
If ever, which kind of walthrough do you normally use? I usually use written walthroughs because I have the option to only see the things I want , if I just want to know where the gold skulltullas are at but not how to solve the puzzle I can just not read part of it. While the video walkthroughs are more straightforward and are much easier to understand, I would only use them on a second playthrough.

IMO written walthroughs are better when you're trying to use a walkthrough conservatively (only using it for collectibles while using your own brain for anything required), while video walkthroughs are better when you're trying to use a walkthrough liberally (using it for every single thing).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In my honest opinion, I use video walkthroughs over text walkthroughs. Text just isn't as clear or convey the idea like video does. I create video walkthroughs, I upload video walkthroughs, I host them and I promote them all of the time. The only time I'll ever use a text walkthrough is if video is not available, and even then sometimes I force myself to figure out whatever I'm stuck on.

For video walkthroughs, I often get the feel for the controls (like, muscle motions) without actually having to see the controller. But with text, it's sort of just droning on without getting to the point, leaving me at an unfortunate dead end. :(

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Both, text for general and multi objectives, video is how ever good for
"I've been wandering around this area for an hour looking for the thing that was supposed to be here, but i dont' see what the guide was talking about" Then a video can be like, oh it was behind that rock. Or something to that effect.

Text is superior when you just wanna go thru information quickly, and trying to check thru a list of what items you already got and need to get, and video for those visual details for more exact information.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Well yes like everyone else I like Video Walkthroughs, and for people like you ZD made those guides for OoT and TP in video on like golden bugs, golden skulltullas, pieces of heart, etc.
What I like to do is complete the game, then to 100% the game I just follow a video walkthrough one video after the other, but that's just me.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I use both, actually. But I feel that video walkthroughs are more practical and require less time away from actually playing the game. With written walkthroughs you either have to have a fantastic memory or you have to pause the game several times.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
I like reading them as long as there are pictures for help. Speaking of which someone needs to add some photos for the Oracle games.

Scoby

France
i never use walkthrough usually, but exception was minish cap, i had trouble i the cloud area so i took help from the written guide. i don't like watching guides because it ruins my experience, but i watch guides of ZD when i complete a game just to enjoy myself hehe :)

I prefer text walkthroughs because I usually only look a flowcharts ( example would be Dragon roost Island. Items to aquire da da da, things to do da da da etc..) THey do not tell you how to do it just what is there.. I wanna figure it out with out having my hand held but I also want everything but still want to find and aquire it myself.

YukiHanasaki643

Conquester
Video walkthroughs because I can actually see clearly what is to be done instead of a written walkthrough saying "TURN LEFT" and me saying "WHICH LEFT, MY LEFT OR THE CHARACTER'S LEFT?" Unless there are pictures. I still haven't grown out of needing pictures in every bit of text I read.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like video walkthroughs because I'm too lazy to read, but I mostly use written walkthroughs because it's faster to find the part you are stuck on.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I prefer text walkthroughs, because sometimes I cannot understand a single thing on video walkthroughs. Text are easier to understand.. I personally think that's weird.

Mido

Version 1
I generally use written walkthroughs, just because I'm used to them. In more specific cases, such as an extremely difficult puzzle of some sort, I'll use a video walkthrough. Normally, I've had good experiences with written ones because they are well written, but I can also see why video ones are more consistent. Nevertheless, I give the edge to written walkthroughs.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I'm more of a visual learner, so I prefer Video Walkthroughs over Text Walkthroughs. I think that video walkthroughs are easier to remember because you know what the area is supposed to look like and you can see what you're supposed to do.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I like to use both Video and Written Walkthroughs. If I get stuck very easily and I have no way out, I use a video Walkthroughs and help me find an exit or a hidden item or door. It does help me a lot, but I'll get used to see the video entirely. The written Walkthroughs are useful and easy to read along while you play. I don't tend to use Walkthroughs regularly, but I try hard enough to not use them too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom