• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Video Walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotOfThisWorld

previously 'retro.love'
So either somebody on ZD needs to make a video walk-through of WW, or somebody else needs to make one!!! (Or point me in the direction of one that might exist.)

It's unbelievable how helpful it was to watch a walkthrough when I played SS and TP than it was to follow a book guide or text walk-through.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Caleb is a working man, and making a video walkthrough is a TON of work. It isn't simply recording your gameplay, at least not on ZD. Caleb/Mases/whoever else has to record the gameplay, edit out unneeded segments, commentate it and add detailed toolbars (I know because I read some of Caleb's comments on YouTube, and I have experience doing detailed walkthroughs myself xD). This takes a ton of effort, so you'll have to be patient. In the meantime, I recommend going on YouTube where there are already a lot of TWW walkthroughs about.

NotOfThisWorld

previously 'retro.love'
Vanitas, yes I assumed it was a lot of work. I didn't think it was something easy. I'm sorry if I came across impatient, but I'm not. Honestly, I'm in no hurry to play WW anytime soon cause I've been hesitant with it. I'm currently obsessed with TP and SS and replaying both of those at the moment. But I do want to play it eventually, and I found it incredibly helpful with the videos rather than text.

Gannon, thank you for the suggestion, I'll check it out.

Fig

The Altruist
Like what the guys said earlier, just try to be patient, even though you already said that you weren't. But I understand why you would say that. I know that a walk-through might not sound difficult to make, but it is. A lot of editing has to be done during the editing process. I'm still waiting for them to finally upload the entire walk-through, but I need to give them time for them to finish it. I just don't want to be that user that constantly asks them if they are done or not, because to me, they will start to get furious and I might break a friendship bond that I have with them, just over a walk-through video. I know that you don't mean to sound impatient but it is also important that we must also think how hard they must be working on the videos. They might even not have any sleep or food for days, but that's because they want to finish it for us! This truly means that they care for us fans who want to use their walk-throughs for completing a certain game. I hope that you will be able to understand their possible predicament they are currently having. Just keep your chin up and don't fret, it will come in time! :)

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
There are plenty of Wind Waker Walkthroughs on Youtube, in fact me and my friend starting making one back in January (although that will probably never get finished). I've looked for a 100% Walkthrough of The Wind Waker and have really come up with nothing COMPLETELY 100%, and I only 100% Zelda games when ZD does a Video Walkthrough of it. Non the less, there are plenty of Wind Waker Walkthrough's out there to help you complete the main quest of the game. =)

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Video Walkthrough are extremely hard to make. Unlike a Let's Play Walkthroughs take editing, time and a lot of knowledge of the game to make. And since some perfer listening to LP's rather than Walkthroughs you also need to be funny to make it. It would be nice for Caleb or Mases to make a Wind Waker Walkthrough especially since its hard to find all the diffrent islands and treasures. However it will take time for it to come to pass.

NotOfThisWorld

previously 'retro.love'
There are plenty of Wind Waker Walkthroughs on Youtube, in fact me and my friend starting making one back in January (although that will probably never get finished). I've looked for a 100% Walkthrough of The Wind Waker and have really come up with nothing COMPLETELY 100%, and I only 100% Zelda games when ZD does a Video Walkthrough of it. Non the less, there are plenty of Wind Waker Walkthrough's out there to help you complete the main quest of the game. =)

Yes I found a video walkthrough, but it's not 100%. I completed both TP and SS 100% using ZD.

Fig, I said in my last post that I am not impatient. I have no problem being patient, but I also had no idea that there was one in the works. The reason I posted this is because other walk throughs that I have found doesn't even compare. And they don't even talk or anything. Most people would say that's better, but I personally found it even more helpful...*for example:*listening to Caleb while playing TP. Just saying it cause I would prefer somebody from here do the walk-through than using the ones that I've found, cause they're so boring. LOL

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Fig, I said in my last post that I am not impatient. I have no problem being patient, but I also had no idea that there was one in the works. The reason I posted this is because other walk throughs that I have found doesn't even compare. And they don't even talk or anything. Most people would say that's better, but I personally found it even more helpful...*for example:*listening to Caleb while playing TP. Just saying it cause I would prefer somebody from here do the walk-through than using the ones that I've found, cause they're so boring. LOL

Even if I did find a 100% Video Walkthrough of any Zelda game I wouldn't watch it unless it was ZD. I mainly use Walkthrough's for 100%, and the only games I 100% are Zelda games. Everyone else is boring or an LPer which doesn't really help. Mases and Caleb are probably the best Walkthrough guys out there, nobody can beat them no matter what game. The really went all out with Majora's Mask and I don't think anybody can top that, not just for the side bar but with the content bar (which I can't watch a walkthrough without) but also with all the information about the game, even some little tidbits you may have never known and the little references to the other games here in there like "Go into the Waterfall" and it shows the person and the game it's from. I understand it takes a long time to make a Video Walkthrough, it took Caleb a full year just to do Majora's Mask, and if he does Wind Waker with the Nintendo Gallery and all, plus he revamps the site Walkthrough who knows how long it will take? I just want the ZD staff and everybody to know that they can take as long as they want, just know that no matter what I am loyal to ZD because there content is definitely worth that wait. =)

NotOfThisWorld

previously 'retro.love'
Even if I did find a 100% Video Walkthrough of any Zelda game I wouldn't watch it unless it was ZD. I mainly use Walkthrough's for 100%, and the only games I 100% are Zelda games. Everyone else is boring or an LPer which doesn't really help. Mases and Caleb are probably the best Walkthrough guys out there, nobody can beat them no matter what game. The really went all out with Majora's Mask and I don't think anybody can top that, not just for the side bar but with the content bar (which I can't watch a walkthrough without) but also with all the information about the game, even some little tidbits you may have never known and the little references to the other games here in there like "Go into the Waterfall" and it shows the person and the game it's from. I understand it takes a long time to make a Video Walkthrough, it took Caleb a full year just to do Majora's Mask, and if he does Wind Waker with the Nintendo Gallery and all, plus he revamps the site Walkthrough who knows how long it will take? I just want the ZD staff and everybody to know that they can take as long as they want, just know that no matter what I am loyal to ZD because there content is definitely worth that wait. =)

Amen! :)

ChuggaaConroy and NintendoCapriSun both have pretty good LP's of the WindWaker. Actually AngryPoncho is doing one now that's only 7 or 8 episodes in, and it's pretty good too so far.

Of course... their LP's are more playthroughs than walkthroughs. It would be nice if ZD could get more staff to make quality walkthroughs. Anyone wanna volunteer?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
ChuggaaConroy and NintendoCapriSun both have pretty good LP's of the WindWaker. Actually AngryPoncho is doing one now that's only 7 or 8 episodes in, and it's pretty good too so far.

Of course... their LP's are more playthroughs than walkthroughs. It would be nice if ZD could get more staff to make quality walkthroughs. Anyone wanna volunteer?

Chuggaconroy is HILARIOUS!!!! I really recommend following his video walkthrough because he is really awesome with this. He makes mistakes and the comments are hilarious.
Well I think the question has been answered here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom