• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Video series assistance please!

Ninja

Well well well
Need help with a video series I’m doing. If you would like, please comment below, maybe a paragraph and share a good, positive memory you’ve had recently! I plan to make it into a video segment. Thank you! You will be fully credited in the video of course.

Uuuuuuuummmm.

Okay.

I wanted 2020 to be a year of change for me. I wanted to broaden my horizons and do things I'd never done before.

So at the beginning of the year I took a trip up to the Scottish highlands where a friend had recently moved to.
I've always lived by the coast so I'm used to looking out at the expansive ocean, but I'd never seen the likes of the Highlands in person before.

The land seemed to stretch out forever on a scale I'd never seen before. It really opened my eyes to just how big this little country actually is, and really set the scale for how big the rest of the world truly is.

It was an enriching experience that I'll always remember and I can't wait to go back some day soon.

I don't have the best selection of "recent" memories that are positive but I'll still share.

At the end of last month, my emotional state spiraled and it was really frustrating because it was in the middle of me working on a gift for a friend. This person has been incredibly good to me the past three years I've known him and is also one of those people you can chat with after not talking for awhile and be able to pick up where you left off. We're both pretty inconsistent at staying in touch but we know it's not a personal thing. Anyway, I really wanted to draw him his Smash Bros main for his birthday to surprise him, because he said a few weeks prior that he wished he could draw his main(s). Was gonna draw both, but time constraints.

I was in pretty good spirits during the week, and my focus on drawing this picture was decent... but things abruptly dragged me down. I couldn't work on the picture as planned because I was being held hostage in really negative conversations and couldn't walk away (both on and offline). I was hating myself over my inability to remove myself from the situation and go back to the other computer and draw... Because of it, I didn't get to finish the picture on time. I spent the next day having this massive reality check about my priorities and resolved to do better. Crying was involved.

But this is a positive post, I'm just building up to it. I told my friend that I was working on something for him, but it was going to be late. I finally did get it to him though, and I was really anxious about it because like I said, we don't always reply to each other right away. But I finally get back onto the laptop later that night, and his reaction was just like... such a contrast. It was just pure joy and I don't get to see people that excited over pictures I've drawn that often. He was touched that I remembered which color alt he used, too. <3 It was such a simple thing but it made my night and brought some balance to the past couple nights.

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
This happened a few years ago. It's kind of bitter-sweet, so you don't have to add it to your list of entries if you don't want to. It's very important to me though.

I once had a cat named Geoffrey. He was Gizmo's best friend, they would sit up in the cat tree together and play fight, and it was adorable. He was my sister's cat, I had Gizmo and she had Geoffrey. he would like to go outside a lot and run around with Jewel. The way we found him was that he ran up to my family's car when it was driving, so he wasn't really scared of anything. He was brave, too brave. One night, I let Jewel in, but I forgot that Geoffrey was out. Then next morning we found him injured. He must have wandered too far, and bumped into one of the big dogs that live around here. He wasn't scared of anything, so he must have not been afraid of it and went up it. The dog had sunk its teeth into his leg and shook him in the air. He didn't look very injured on the outside, but inside many bones were broken. I stayed by his side the whole way to the vet. I comforted him and petted him and told him it was going to be okay, because what else could I do? I wouldn't let myself think of what might happen to him, I wouldn't let me think that he might be too injured. I told myself over and over that he was be okay. But he wasn't. He had to be put down. He was just too injured and hurt to live a good life anymore.

I didn't take the news well at all. I remember hugging my sister, since he was her cat, and then quickly leaving the room to be by myself. I never like showing tears or crying in front of someone, so that's why I was in such a rush. I locked myself in my room and cried out to God. I kept asking him why, why, why? Why did Geoffrey have to die? I think I stayed in there for a least an hour, just crying. But I finally stopped, and just went on with my day in gloominess.

Now, a few days after he died, I had a dream. I had a dream I was playing with my cousins, and Geoffrey was there. He was there in spirit, and I could see him running around with us and having fun. That dream really comforted me, and it told me that Geoffrey was still here, he's here with us, he's by our side and he's happy. He doesn't have anymore pain, he's not injured anymore, he's happy. I believe God sent me that dream to comfort me, and to teach me. I've learned through that dream. Deaths aren't that painful anymore to me. I know that every cat that I love and who've died are now in a very good place and are happy. That comforts me, and it's lessened my guilt of his death. For months I felt responsible for his death, but I know it's not my fault. I didn't know he was out, it wasn't my fault. It's still hard to remember that, but I'm glad I had that dream. If not, I still might be very sad and angry at God, but I know that everything happens for a reason, and maybe Geoffrey's death was supposed to teach me a lesson. I still miss Geoffrey so much, but I understand he's in a better place now, and I look forward to seeing him again one day.

I'm thankful for that I can think of Geoffrey with happy memories of when he was here, and one day I can have even more memories with him. I love him so much <3

You don't have to use this if it's too sad, and if you aren't comfortable using stuff with a lot religious stuff in it. I just really wanted to share this big learning moment that affected my life, and I hope you got something from it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
A few days ago I was having a pretty bad day, and then when I got off work I started to get a headache and my stomach was upset suddenly. I tried playing a game but it just made my head swimmy so I had to stop. I wanted to go to bed, but I took some medicine and stayed up instead, because I decided that'd be better for my stomach. That evening was our monthly writers meeting, and I was going to skip it, but last minute, since I was staying up anyway, I figured I may as well join and just listen in, I told them I was feeling crappy, so I probably wasn't going to say much.

The meeting started off with a lot of stuff to cover at the start, so the first 20 minutes was going over the really important stuff. After we got that squared away we moved on the fun parts, which usually starts off with announcing a promotion if there is one, then we move into sharing the posting stats for the previous month by the team, then the top 5 Daily Debates by views for the previous month, and more. Anyway, they announced a promotion, and then our Editor-in-Chief went on this tangent of praise and I was like, that can't be me he is talking about, but then it actually turned out to be me, lol. By then I think the medicine had kicked in, so I was feeling better, and the excitement of getting promoted really boosted my mood - I was all smiles up until I went to sleep for the night. Brainstorming with the team on other stuff afterwards during the meeting was a great time, as always. And since, I've been riding that high still.

Staying up and attending the meeting ended up salvaging that whole day for me.

Last edited:

Ninja

Well well well
This happened a few years ago. It's kind of bitter-sweet, so you don't have to add it to your list of entries if you don't want to. It's very important to me though.

I once had a cat named Geoffrey. He was Gizmo's best friend, they would sit up in the cat tree together and play fight, and it was adorable. He was my sister's cat, I had Gizmo and she had Geoffrey. he would like to go outside a lot and run around with Jewel. The way we found him was that he ran up to my family's car when it was driving, so he wasn't really scared of anything. He was brave, too brave. One night, I let Jewel in, but I forgot that Geoffrey was out. Then next morning we found him injured. He must have wandered too far, and bumped into one of the big dogs that live around here. He wasn't scared of anything, so he must have not been afraid of it and went up it. The dog had sunk its teeth into his leg and shook him in the air. He didn't look very injured on the outside, but inside many bones were broken. I stayed by his side the whole way to the vet. I comforted him and petted him and told him it was going to be okay, because what else could I do? I wouldn't let myself think of what might happen to him, I wouldn't let me think that he might be too injured. I told myself over and over that he was be okay. But he wasn't. He had to be put down. He was just too injured and hurt to live a good life anymore.

I didn't take the news well at all. I remember hugging my sister, since he was her cat, and then quickly leaving the room to be by myself. I never like showing tears or crying in front of someone, so that's why I was in such a rush. I locked myself in my room and cried out to God. I kept asking him why, why, why? Why did Geoffrey have to die? I think I stayed in there for a least an hour, just crying. But I finally stopped, and just went on with my day in gloominess.

Now, a few days after he died, I had a dream. I had a dream I was playing with my cousins, and Geoffrey was there. He was there in spirit, and I could see him running around with us and having fun. That dream really comforted me, and it told me that Geoffrey was still here, he's here with us, he's by our side and he's happy. He doesn't have anymore pain, he's not injured anymore, he's happy. I believe God sent me that dream to comfort me, and to teach me. I've learned through that dream. Deaths aren't that painful anymore to me. I know that every cat that I love and who've died are now in a very good place and are happy. That comforts me, and it's lessened my guilt of his death. For months I felt responsible for his death, but I know it's not my fault. I didn't know he was out, it wasn't my fault. It's still hard to remember that, but I'm glad I had that dream. If not, I still might be very sad and angry at God, but I know that everything happens for a reason, and maybe Geoffrey's death was supposed to teach me a lesson. I still miss Geoffrey so much, but I understand he's in a better place now, and I look forward to seeing him again one day.

I'm thankful for that I can think of Geoffrey with happy memories of when he was here, and one day I can have even more memories with him. I love him so much <3

You don't have to use this if it's too sad, and if you aren't comfortable using stuff with a lot religious stuff in it. I just really wanted to share this big learning moment that affected my life, and I hope you got something from it.

I would love to make this one a full length video.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I would love to make this one a full length video.

Feel free to, I would love to see it. I would love that to happen, Geoffrey could be remembered by everyone who sees it and hopefully my story will touch someone. I always love it when I can reach someone and make an impact on them. I don’t know if it happens often, but when it does happen, I’m so happy. You are doing such a good thing by making these videos, it touches me. <3

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My parents divorced when I was 9. We were in between houses for most of the first year of separation until my mom left town. The thing about being a family I missed the most was the Christmases. Each year, we alternated which parent we spent Christmas with, and even though my parents remarried the Christmases never felt the same. I stopped caring about the holiday for a long time because the family aspect that made it special for me was lost many many years ago.

Fast forward to 2019. By this time, most Christmases just felt like another day to me. My dad usually worked, we did dinner and a mediocre gift opening the day after Christmas due to so many people having to juggle so many families. Well, for 2019 I made the decision to fly down to Georgia to spend Christmas with my boyfriend and his family.

One of the first things I remember noticing was a stocking with my name on it. I had no expectations, but even that was enough to make me know it was going to be a good holiday. The days leading up to Christmas were filled with cheer, with Christmas music playing, presents being on display, tree decorating occurring. Dinner the night before Christmas was special because it was a tradition I had with my family as a kid. Then, waking up early, wearing corny Christmas pyjamas, drinking hot cocoa and having a really fun family gift opening was an incredible experience. It was exactly as I remembered Christmas being as a child, and was something I hadn't truly experienced in a very long time. His family let me feel like a kid again and gave me something that I used to love but which was robbed from me early on. I remember tearing up a bit when I opened the diamond earrings his parents had bought for me. As a whole, this past Christmas was, without doubt, the happiest I can recall being in a really long time. I am holding out hopes that I can fly there again for Christmas this year because it really meant a lot to me, hopefully COVID doesn't put a damper on those plans.

Ninja

Well well well
I don't have the best selection of "recent" memories that are positive but I'll still share.

At the end of last month, my emotional state spiraled and it was really frustrating because it was in the middle of me working on a gift for a friend. This person has been incredibly good to me the past three years I've known him and is also one of those people you can chat with after not talking for awhile and be able to pick up where you left off. We're both pretty inconsistent at staying in touch but we know it's not a personal thing. Anyway, I really wanted to draw him his Smash Bros main for his birthday to surprise him, because he said a few weeks prior that he wished he could draw his main(s). Was gonna draw both, but time constraints.

I was in pretty good spirits during the week, and my focus on drawing this picture was decent... but things abruptly dragged me down. I couldn't work on the picture as planned because I was being held hostage in really negative conversations and couldn't walk away (both on and offline). I was hating myself over my inability to remove myself from the situation and go back to the other computer and draw... Because of it, I didn't get to finish the picture on time. I spent the next day having this massive reality check about my priorities and resolved to do better. Crying was involved.

But this is a positive post, I'm just building up to it. I told my friend that I was working on something for him, but it was going to be late. I finally did get it to him though, and I was really anxious about it because like I said, we don't always reply to each other right away. But I finally get back onto the laptop later that night, and his reaction was just like... such a contrast. It was just pure joy and I don't get to see people that excited over pictures I've drawn that often. He was touched that I remembered which color alt he used, too. <3 It was such a simple thing but it made my night and brought some balance to the past couple nights.
Feel free to, I would love to see it. I would love that to happen, Geoffrey could be remembered by everyone who sees it and hopefully my story will touch someone. I always love it when I can reach someone and make an impact on them. I don’t know if it happens often, but when it does happen, I’m so happy. You are doing such a good thing by making these videos, it touches me. <3

I will put both of your submissions together in the second episode actually! Just waiting on one or two more submissions from friends that have reached out and it'll be released in a few days. :)

Impressive stories! I also try to shoot video clips with a plot, there is something spiritual about it. Perhaps it will be useful to someone, I use fastreel video merger to create my videos, I'm just a beginner, but this video editor is absolutely clear to me. You can also add sound effects that will add some atmosphere to your video.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom