• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Video Games That Made You Cry

Pen

The game is on!
I'm sure a lot of us have been emotionally moved by video games that we've played. I remember I used to think I wouldn't be able to shed a tear from playing a video game for a long time, but during the parting scene with Fi at the end of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword I was proven wrong. I think a lot of it for me had to do with the music that was played during the scene, but also the very well written monologue. A few of the bonding conversation between the playable characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening made me slightly teary eyed too because I was moved by it.

Anyway, how about you all? Were you shedding tears during any sad moment in a video game, or maybe just from something very beautiful? Perhaps there's a video game that's made you laugh to the point where you're crying, or you might have even cried from playing a game you thought was so terrible! Share whatever stories you have here. ^^

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I don't usually cry over video games because that's for wussies.

Just kidding, I guess I only have one game I ever cried over, and that was The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. For multiple reasons. I felt really bad for Skull Kid and I was also a little sad for Tatl because she seemed to miss Link as he was leaving Termina. There were also a few things that were still unsolved, for example the Deku Butler never found out what happened to his son, and we never discovered if Link found Navi or not.

And I guess the ending hit me emotionally because I can really relate to the Skull Kid in some ways.

None. But some have really hit me emotionally and I felt so sad inside at the end of them. Because their stories were so emotional and just so well written.

• Terranigma
  • To The Moon
Their stories and music are just amazing. So well done and so emotional (in a good but sad way). Both also make you think about yourself and life.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I get teary at almost every Zelda credits scene, OoT, TP, and SS get me everytime. Not much has come close to it. MGS is tragic in a way, but I don't feel sad about it or anything. Soul Calibur: Lost Swords mad me pretty sad, though. So I guess that comes the closest other than Zelda.

I would have to agree on Fire Emblem Awakening. That was a brilliant story, and I loved the ending.

I feel sad whenever I get to the end of a game/book/show with a great, captivating story. Kind of like a "Wow, what do I do with my life after that?!" feeling. But as far as games go, Zelda, Pokemon, and the Halo trilogy (just the trilogy) are the main ones that make my tear ducts want to work overtime.

Dan

Pacman, when he eats the cherry it's so beautiful and yet at the same time the hidden depth of impeccable kosher is so overwhelming it puts you in a near coma of emotional delight for three weeks. So many ignorant people that have no clue of the hidden narrative in that game.

If there's a way to mark these replies for spoilers I don't know what it is so there's your warning.

I'm not sure that I've ever actually shed tears, but the scene in Skyward Sword where Zelda goes into stasis in the Sealed Temple was definitely very emotional. The other moment that comes to mind is the ending of Final Fantasy: Type-0 when Machina and Rem discover Class Zero and they've all died holding hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom