• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Video game titles you really don't like

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
You haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of how bad the final fantasy names are. Not only are none of them final, but 2 is 4 and 3 is, there are 2 different 10s and 2 different 13s, and 11 and 14 haven’t finished yet.
there's 3 parts of 13, 11 and 14 should've never been numbered to begin w/, and I honestly can give the name mix up for the SNES games a bit of a pass given the situation

here's an annoying final fantasy name though: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Last edited:

Quin

Disaster Master
Kirby is another offender, at least in the PAL regions. Kirby Super Star released as Kirby's Fun Pak in Europe and I hate that title.
Likewise, Kirby's Return to Dreamland released as Kirby's Adventure Wii and Rainbow Curse released as Rainbow Paintbrush.
You literally have no Soul if you don't like Fun Pak. I will always think of that as the better title over Super Star.
The rest you are right about though
diddy's kong quest
Uhh, this thread is Worst titles, not BEST titles.

I quite like Lylat Wars too, although Starfox: Lylat Wars would be the best of both worlds.

No, the worst offender I can think off with the US>EU title change would be from City Folk to Animal Crossing: Lets go to the City!
I mean, its literally what you can do in the game but the titles is terrible.

You literally have no Soul if you don't like Fun Pak. I will always think of that as the better title over Super Star.
The rest you are right about though.

'Pak' isn't anything though. It's just a deliberate misspelling to sound cute and it just sounds dumb. Unless it's a freakishly bizarre reference to a Swedish packaging company.

I don't think Super Star is much better but at least those are words.

Last edited:
...why?
I think sunshine and wind waker are great titles
Differing opinions. Everyone likes different games.
All the flaws of both the games you mentioned really turned me off them. I did end up getting them both on GC though just to have them.

PS. If I had to play WW again I'd play the GC version. I think the WiiU port is the worse version, even though it does have a few quality of life improvements.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Differing opinions. Everyone likes different games.
All the flaws of both the games you mentioned really turned me off them. I did end up getting them both on GC though just to have them.

PS. If I had to play WW again I'd play the GC version. I think the WiiU port is the worse version, even though it does have a few quality of life improvements.

I think the thread is referring to the titles of the games, not the games themselves.

Though I will admit, as much as I adore the Windwaker, I hate the title. The Windwaker item has very little to do with the game, and it would’ve made much more sense to call it something that has to do with the great sea.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I think both The Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild are perfect. They just flow so well when you say it and they look gorgeous in spelling.

If you wanna talk bad Zelda titles, look no further than Skyward Sword and Phantom Hourglass

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think the thread is referring to the titles of the games, not the games themselves.

Though I will admit, as much as I adore the Windwaker, I hate the title. The Windwaker item has very little to do with the game, and it would’ve made much more sense to call it something that has to do with the great sea.
I disagree. Harnessing the Wind via the Wind Waker is a core element of the game, thus the title is relevant. But to each their own.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
A pretty recent one for a game that I have so far loved but with a title that ruins talking about it with friends...

Dragon Quest XI - S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition

Like seriously? Just "Super" or "Definitive Edition" alone was enough, but that title is SO damn breathy. They could have removed the "XI", the "S", or the "Definitive Edition". I'm personally partial to "Dragon Quest: Echoes of an Elusive Age" subtitle "Definitive Edition:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
oooh boy don't get me started on "definitive edition"

I think both The Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild are perfect. They just flow so well when you say it and they look gorgeous in spelling.
can't say I agree w/ breath of the wild, it took too long to get used to saying that [I kept saying breath of fire] and its abbreviation isn't as simplistic as the rest of the games

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I disagree. Harnessing the Wind via the Wind Waker is a core element of the game, thus the title is relevant. But to each their own.
Well yes but that’s about all there is to it. The winds requiem has a very minor use when compared to Zelda’s Lullaby or the song of time, especially in the remake. The only other major song is the command melody, and that’s also nowhere near as important as the aforementioned songs.

If you wanna talk bad Zelda titles, look no further than Skyward Sword and Phantom Hourglass

You are right that Windwaker does roll of the tongue and is really catchy, but it still doesn’t make much sense.

As for the other two I’m going to have to disagree with you. I don’t think that either are amazing titles, but they get the job done. They make sense, they’re both relevant to major mechanics in the game. They don’t sound as good as Windwaker, but they aren’t awful either. The only names I don’t like in the series are adventure of link, link to the past, Windwaker, and triforce heros.

Quin

Disaster Master
A pretty recent one for a game that I have so far loved but with a title that ruins talking about it with friends...

Dragon Quest XI - S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition

Like seriously? Just "Super" or "Definitive Edition" alone was enough, but that title is SO damn breathy. They could have removed the "XI", the "S", or the "Definitive Edition". I'm personally partial to "Dragon Quest: Echoes of an Elusive Age" subtitle "Definitive Edition:

Rerelease always add a new subtitle or something to differenate it from the older release. Always for the worse, but it makes sense. If we are counting rerelease titles I could be here all day.
The original tile is fine though, which is just without the S and the definite edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom