• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Video Game Montage

Din Akera

Sniper
Alright guys, so this is a video I made for a school project. I was involved in a debate as to whether violence in video games effected violent acts in children. There were three of us working on the project and I defended that video games were a good thing and that if violence was limited they were actually beneficial for early child development and learning. But I was also charged with making the opening video, so I thought I would share it all with you. please click the link for the video.

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums...ideoGameMontageMyObsessionComplete-Medium.mp4

I hope you enjoy, and if you feel so bold, see if you can count/guess how many Zelda references are in the video. ;)

Copyright/References:

Game Footage
Activision Publishing Inc. (2009) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. (M). Santa Monica, California, United States.
Capcom Entertainment Inc. (2006). Dead Rising. (M). San Mateo, California, United States.
Capcom Entertainment Inc. (2009). Resident Evil. (M). San Mateo, California, United States.
Electronic Arts Inc. (2006). Fifa 06: Road to Fifa World Cup. (E). Redwood City, California, United States
Electronic Arts inc. (2005). Need For Speed: Most Wanted. (T). Redwood City, California, United States.
Electronic Arts Inc. (2006) Tiger Woods: PGA Tour 06. (E). Redwood City, California, United States.
Namco Bandai Games America Inc. (2003). Soul Calibur 2. (T). Santa Clara, California, United States.
Nintendo of Canada Ltd. (2006). The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. (T). Richmond, British Columbia, Canada.
Nintendo of Canada Ltd. (1997). Mario Kart 64. (E). Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Nintendo of Canada Ltd. (2008). Super Smash Bros: Brawl. (T). Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Nintendo of Canada Ltd. (2008). Wii Fit. (E). Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Nintendo of Canada Ltd. (2006). Wii Sports. (E). Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Nintendo of Canada Ltd. (1998). Yoshi’s Story. (E). Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Ubisoft Divertissements Inc. (2007). Naruto: Rise of a Ninja (T). Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Music:
Cooper, John and Howes, Brian. (2003). My Obsession. Recorded by Skillet. On Collide. CD. 200 Madison Avenue, Memphis, TN, United States. Ardent Records.

Video Montage:
Created by Din Akera

Game play:
Din Akera
Rishian

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
This video is so great!
The music is awesome, all the game play is pimp, and the pacing/editing of the footage really fits the music and the feel of the whole video. That was really fun to watch! Thanks!

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
EPIC :D Also I leik how you started and ended with Zelda/Soul Caliber footage :P

You should have put some Pokemon in though, I mean it's pretty much Darwin meets Cockfighting :lol:

Din Akera

Sniper
Very well-made... So, What do you use to record your gameplay?
I really like the song--it suits the topic, violence in video games, quite well.

I did it the cheepest way. lol. Literally, I set up my camera on a stack of books, turned all the lights off and recorded the television screen as I played. I know this a completely silly way to do it, but it worked and worked well didn't it! lol. I used movie editing software to get rid of the sounds of me massing on my controler.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Oh, I missed this the first time around.

Very good! I thought you included a nice range of video game examples for the topic. I saw Wii Fit and Wii sports in there, which are not violent. Then there were various levels of "cartoon violence." Soul Caliber was a good example of a series that was technically violent but not gory, and then you had the M rated games. In other words, it's a good opening to prompt discussion of your subject, as well as a good illustration of the differences in ratings of games, even if that wasn't the intent. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom