• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Victorian Era Myteries (RP Signup)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Hey guys, Rainy here with yet another RP! Basically all of my RPs in the past have failed, but I really want to make one that will end properly. It may not sound too interesting at first, but hopefully once you try it you’ll fall in love with it. <3 So down below is the basic gist of what you’re getting yourself into, and below that will be the character signup sheet! There are a few quirks to the rules this time, which can be found in the spoiler. So read on if you choose to embark on this adventure!

Dear friend,

Victoria and I are so glad to have almost been married for a year, and we couldn’t have found this joy without your kindness and support through the years that we had known each other. This weekend we will be hosting an anniversary party, and we would be so honored if you could come. Don’t be shy! You know how we don’t like the big parties with a lot of people we don’t know, so we’ve decided to only invite our dearest friends. It will go on from Friday evening to Monday morning. A good three days to catch up and spend time together! We hope you can come, it would be terribly sad if you were unable to make it. The address is 2013 Mirkwood Drive. Just turn right off of Elmwind and drive up that hill for about ten minutes. You won’t miss it. We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Robert and Victoria Tum

So you’ve got the gist then? Well perhaps not really, so I’ll let you in on a little more. That was the introduction letter from your Victorian friends, and by joining this RP you choose to go to their anniversary party. The year that this takes place in is 1845 and it is the middle of autumn. The fiery leaves litter the grounds outside, and the trees are almost bare, but the Tum’s mansion is as beautiful as ever. The walls are made of fine scarlet painted wood and the house is massive with three floors; an upstairs, the ground floor and a basement. The architecture looks as though angels from heaven made the house, and everything is perfectly splendid. I won’t spoil anything, but this party may not go as well as Victoria and Robert had planned.

The rules are here, please read because they do pertain to the signup sheet.

Since this takes place in the Victorian era there will be limited technology. You may not have a character from the future and you may not have a character from the past. There will also be limited knowledge seeing as some things haven’t been discovered.

You may be any age between 18 and 60, because it only makes sense that they wouldn’t have friends that are 10 years old. Victoria and Robert are 20, so you understand. If you desperately want a younger character then we can talk but you must give me good reason.

There will be no weapons unless you give me very good reason, or unless you are the private detective or criminal. Yes this sounds a little weird right now because you don’t know much about the RP, but I assume you can guess by now.

There will be no godmodding, if I see one slip up I will give a warning, but if there is another incident you will most likely be kicked out. Come on guys, godmodding is the dumbest thing ever, please don’t ruin the game. ;)

There will be no Gary Stues and Mary Sues because those are cheap and no fun. Have flaws in your characters people.

You can only be human people, and you must speak English (not you, your character :bleh: ). You can have a foreign character, but they’ve got to speak English. ;)

I believe that’s it, but let me know if you have questions!

And here’s the character sheet! I’ll let ya know if you left anything out or some such.

Name:
Hair color/Style:
Eye color:
Clothes:
Personality:
Other:

And here are mine (I will be controlling the NPCs and stuff too):

Name: Kateo Roberts
Hair color/Style: Short-ish black hair to just below ears
Eye color: Light green
Clothes: He wears suits, mostly brown and black
Personality: Charming, persuasive, lenient
Other: None

Name: Victoria Tum
Hair color/Style: Long chocolate hair in an elegant braid atop her head
Eye color: Purple
Clothes: She likes the color purple, and she wears fine silks, so a very fancy purple dress.
Personality: Nice, calm, serene

Name: Robert Tum
Hair color/Style: Short brown hair
Eye color: Hazel
Clothes: He wears suits all the time, mostly black
Personality: Funny, outgoing, misunderstands a lot

And my sister (Toboe) has agreed to join this RP, so here’s her character:

Name: Melody Malone
Hair color/Style: Blond, short and curly
Eye color: Brown
Clothes: Tan trench coat, black dress with no sleeves
Personality: Sly

(Her character might be changed later, so basically ignore this :bleh: )

Let the signups begin!

Last edited:

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Name: Mariana LeRosa
Hair color/Style: shorter, light brown hair with blonde streaks
Eye color: Blue-grey, green by the pupil
Clothes: She wears a black dress with sleeves that end just above the elbow, lace on the openings
Personality: She is caring, studious, and she is fierce when she needs to be. she will defend her friends and if there is a problem she will get to the bottom of it.
Other: Moved from France to London on account of a personal reason that may or may not be revealed.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Name: Liam Ray
Appearance: Tall, athletic build, brown hair, brown, eyes, wears a white shirt and brown pants with a long coat and spectacles.
Personality: Eccentric, cheerful, fun-loving
Nationality: British

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Name: Liam Ray
Appearance: Tall, athletic build, brown hair, brown, eyes, wears a white shirt and brown pants with a long coat and spectacles.
Personality: Eccentric, cheerful, fun-loving
Nationality: British

The Tenth Doctor?

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Anywhere in the world guys! Have at it! I could care less if you were Japanese or Russian! If you want to be American then by all means do it! :D By the way I've changed a little of Kateo if anybody cares (I don't know if anybody even checks other people's characters so I'm just letting those who do know).

And thatnks for signing up guys! Woyo and DL you are both accepted! ;)

Hmnr... How's this. I'll sign up with all five--six--fine, seven possible characters and decide between those if you could help me out with the final decision, I'd appreciate that, Rainy. :3

I'll also work on this thing sporadically... yeha.

EDIT: I'z done :3 Except countries.

Kirinen:
Name: Kirinen Aberita
Hair color/Style: Her hair is dark brown, almost black. Long and straight, usually down. She has fringey bangs. See drawing for further detail.
Eye color: Sharp, pale aqua blue, like ice
Clothes: She wears a dark and elegant Victorian gown typically. See drawing.
Personality: Calm and mature, usually quite contained. She's an excellent leader, although icy towards strangers she cares deeply for those close to her... (gog this description makes her sound like Lance~must revise~hurrrgh~~You all know who Kirinen is! And if you don't, you will! So I don't need to revise nothin'!)
Other: When she was sixteen, she accidentally started a fire that killed her family, destroyed their estate, and purportedly took her lover. She's not certain as to his fate, but the fire that took almost everything from her haunts her. As a result, she has a morbid fascination with flame as well as an intense fear.
Kirinen secretly has multiple personality disorder--she isn't even the natural face. Kirinen is her given name, but only she goes by it. She never talks about the other alters, or the true face of her mind. For lack of a less spoilery way to put it, she wears a hood when she's as her natural-born self so that people won't look at her and see Kirinen.

Aren:
Name: Aren Alpenlen
Hair color/Style: Dirty blonde and always somewhat tousled despite his efforts, as if hr just woke up form a nap.
Eye color: A stormy blue, like a hurricane.
Clothes: He wears a black suit with blue accents that is better shown in the picture below.
Personality: He's very intelligent due to years of endless study in his youth, but emotionally can easily overlook things that stare him in the face until it's too late to take them. This particularly comes into play romantically, but he'll often not notice if you're mad at him until you slap him. He's typically a proper young gentleman, but when aggravated he has a tendency to swear profusely, and will kill instantaneously to protect his sketchbook.
Other: Aren is a skilled artist. His sketchbook, his most prized possession, is on his person at all times so that he can draw whenever the inspiration strikes shim.

Milo(Emily):
Name:Emily Peterson (Known among her friends as Milo, although using such a name publicly would be somewhat scandalous)
Hair color/Style: Brunette at a medium length, wears it up in a loose bun with loose bangs. [See drawing for reference.]
Eye color: So pale it's hard to tell. She calls it iridescent, and they seem to be a slightly different hue depending on the light.
Clothes: An elegant coral-colored dress with sleeves that rest on her shoulders. Se drawing.
Personality: Emily is down-to-earth and usually collected. She prefers to know what she's doing before she just jumps into something. She's very caring and puts others before herself, always, and in a life or death scenario will sacrifice herself to protect those she loves. She also has a near insatiable curiosity, but tries very hard to keep a handle on it and not pry. Usually she's successful at doing this... but not always.
Country: British, but her family moved to America in her youth.
Other: Emily is desperately in love with Aren. They have known each other since childhood, and she's loved him since they were teens. However, he has no idea that she does and he out-classes her enough that, despite their friendship, she's too wary to make any advances. She has been dropping hints for years, but he never seems to pick up on them...
She can't stand her first name. At all. She despises the name Emily for some abstract reason, and insists that, when not in public, all her friends and family call her Milo.

Daven:
Name: Daven Dementerr
Age: He appears 27 or 28, but it's hard to tell as he never mentions it.
Hair color/Style: Semi-neat-ish brown hair. He typically wears a black bowler. [Hey, it's a Victorian roleplay, imma be accurate.]
Eye color: Mossy green, but on occasion they seem to be a bloodshot red.
Clothes: Daven wears an elegant black shirt under his dark brown jacket and pinstriped black pants. You know where to look.
Personality: Daven is pretty focused on whatever his goal at the time is for such a flirt. His goal just happens to occasionally be a woman. Intent on what he believes to be his destination, Daven will never truly falter, although he can get sidetracked just a bit.. or a lot of a bit. He's confident in himself, perhaps a bit overly so at first sight, but that's because he knows he's too valuable to be killed of. His real motives are often shady. [Written just like the man himself would put it]
Other: For reasons he keeps to himself, he seems to be Kirinen's deceased lover. Whether or not this is true is an important question, but he's set on getting Kirinen back. He has a strange and secret love of death and chaotic themes.

Neither Kira or Marceren are viable for this one. In my mind, it's classified as a "Modern" subset Historical, and Kira is tightly tied to Sci-Fi, while Marceren is tightly tied to Fantasy. I've yet to figure out how to break through these bounds.

Bold stuff is finished. That is all. EDIT: It should all be bold now, because it's all done.

And, as promised... the drawing.
2nk836e.jpg

...Hmr. I have no idea what to do for countries. Help? :3 EDIT: Rainy gave me excellent suggestions which I have implemented. We're done here.

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Hrmm... Melica has always bee a favorite of mine from your characters Mono, so that may be biased. XD Aren looks cool. There's not much about the others yet, although personality and names are always what I go for in these. Anyway, I'd probably go with Melica or Aren, but it's totally your choice. ;> Plus you don't have everything up for each character so my :eek:nion: may change.

Thanks again for signing up!

Last edited:
Hrmm... Melica has always bee a favorite of mine from your characters Mono, so that may be biased. XD Aren looks cool. There's not much about the others yet, although personality and names are always what I go for in these. Anyway, I'd probably go with Melica or Aren, but it's totally your choice. ;> Plus you don't have everything up for each character so my :eek:nion: may change.

Thanks again for signing up!

Hehe. In my perhaps twisted :eek:nion:, Meli is a frequent favorite.. even here. Meli's my girl, she really is. I'm highly biased towards Meli on a regular basis. But I wanted to use Daven... Aren is a fun guy, he really is. In the end, I guess I'll sort of ask for a majory vote...?

I'm not sure what to do about clothing. I'll be drawing them all day tomorrow, ikr.

Of course I signed up! thsi is too fascinating. Victorian stuff... reminds me of Era. And I'd like to see some characters besides who I've got in Era in such a Victorian place, sooo... this is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom